Taking Flight

That morning, it wasn't hard for you to wake up. You had been awake almost the entire night. The day had come that you had to be back in the United states. You stirred, getting up and creeping off to the bathroom. Your stomach had been in knots since last night and that heartache sickness had slowly started to subside. But, the end of trip depression slammed into you as you stepped into the cold wash of water. The tearing feeling you felt in your chest still dully throbbed even after nine plus hours of mulling over it in your head.
Back in the room, it was time to get packing. As you bent down to start throwing the mess of clothes into your bag, you heard the jingling of a collar. Cash trotted over to you and started to lick your knee.

"Hi baby, I will miss you," You whispered, scratching her ears.

You felt two arms wrap around you, "I hope you will miss me too," George's body dropped to the floor behind you.

A shock was sent though your entire body and you sat there in his warm embrace. You felt a heart pang, you wanted to stay in his arms forever if you could. That feeling you couldn't shake, even after your conversation with him last night. If he didn't want to be a boyfriend to you, he was sure as hell wasn't acting like it.

"Of course I will miss you silly," You shrugged him off, "I have to get packing though," You smiled at him down on the floor.

"Right, I'll get something to eat ready," He stood, walking past you, there was a strange energy hanging in the air.

Whatever it was, he did that to himself by pushing you away like that.

"Oh George, I thought I was more special than that," You murmured out loud as you zipped your suitcase closed.

You cast a glance around the room to make sure you weren't missing anything, the white lacy underwear hanging half out from underneath his bed. Picking them up, you tossed them in the trash.

. . .

After breakfast with George you both sat down on the couches for a goodbye conversation. This time you sat on the same sofa, like you did when you took those photos two days ago.

"I'm glad you came," George smiled. "I hope the art turns out well and I provided you with enough content to complete it."

You perked up, "Absolutely, you were a great subject to photograph, I have to say though, Cash does steal the show."

"I would think you did after looking through some of them," He chuckled.

Rolling your eyes, "Oh stop your flattery, this project took some work and you were willing to put it in." You looked out the window, "I do wish I got to see your family more than I did, they were quite enjoyable."

"They pestered me this whole time, even Clara," George sighed. "She really liked you I guess,"

"Well maybe I dabble on both sides of the rainbow too," You smirked.

George looked shocked for a moment, "Are you asking for her number?"

Staring him down, "Why not? Do you have an aversion to doing so?"

You had a secret hope that George would just break down and tell you that he didn't just want to be friends with you and that it was a mistake what he said. You were hoping...

"I guess not, she is gay afterall," George handed you his phone with her contact.

Fuck.

. . .

    George waited with you at the door, an awkward tension settling between you both. A black cab arrived at the doorstep and George opened the door for you. The sun was shining brightly on the houses across the street, the snow had started to melt.

"I guess this is goodbye y/n until I come to America," George extended his arms out to you.

"Thank you again for having me here." You welcomed his embrace, whispering, "I think I should have listened to Clara,"

You pulled away, placing a kiss on his shocked face. Pulling the suitcase behind you and exiting the gate. Glancing back, George was standing there with his arms crossed. You climbed in.

"To the airport please," You didn't look back again.

</3

Author: Hey guys! I decided to try something different with the ending and maybe set up for a part 2 if this story is well received. I know we aren't used to George being a top, but i got the impression that most of my readers are female and they wanted a dom George. Anyways, this along with Mountains are my more recent better written fanfics. My old ones are not so good. I'll be working on making a new Sapnap one to replace the first 2. Enjoy as always and critique is always welcome!!