Chapter 17

Suga sat down in the hospital's waiting area with Makki sitting beside him. He looked down, fidgeting with his fingers as tears rolled down his cheeks nonstop. Makki sighed worriedly and  rubbed Suga's back comfortingly before standing up to take a call.

"I'm sorry Sugawara-kun, I don't want to leave you alone but I have to go, mom said it's urgent"

Suga quickly wiped his eyes "Oh don't worry! If it's urgent you should go, I called Oikawa and he's on his way.. so are Daichi's friends"

"Alright" Hanamaki smiled weakly "please let me know if anything happens"

"I will, thank you"

Makki walked away and Suga was left alone, millions of thoughts going through his head.

"This is all my fault"

"I should've just ignored Ichiro's threats"

"I should've gone to the police or something!"

"Maybe, I should've never approached Daichi.. if I didn't, he wouldn't be in this state right?"

"His friends are going to hate me"

"I'm.. I'm the worst!"

"Suga.. Suga!"

Suga looked up as he snapped back to reality and was met with Oikawa running towards him.

"Suga! are you ok?! are you hurt anywhere?" Oikawa grabbed Sugawara from his shoulders and looked all over his body to make sure he was truly ok "where's that jerk?! I'm gonna kill him!!"

"H-he's gone.."

Just as Suga was about to explain everything that happened to his best friend, Kuroo and Bokuto came running behind them.

"Where's Daichi?! Is he ok?" Bokuto questioned anxiously, his heartbeat racing every second.

"Has the doctor said anything?" Kuroo asked more calmly.

"N-No.. I- I'm so sorry!!" Suga broke down in tears, holding onto Oikawa to keep his balance.

"Hey.. it's ok, he's going going to be ok Suga" Oikawa hugged him tightly and glance at Kuroo, hoping that they wouldn't actually blame Suga for what happened.

"This isn't your fault, don't blame yourself for the actions of that psycho" Bokuto said, his eyebrows furrowing with anger.

"Bo's right, for now we should just wait and hope that Daichi will be ok" Kuroo reassured him.

"What happened with that asshole anyways? did he get away?" Oikawa asked as all four of them sat down.

Suga took a deep breath "no, the police took him. He was charged with first-degree attempted murder and.. attempted r-rape.."

"What?" Oikawa's eyes widened before he scanned Suga's body again and this time noticing the hickeys on his neck and the bruises around his wrists, he pulled Suga into a hug again, trying to hold back tears "I'm so sorry" he whispered as he felt his heart sinking, he knew exactly how Suga felt from experience and it was undoubtedly, the worst feeling ever.

Kuroo tightened his fists "I wish I could've seen that son of a bitch, he deserves to die" he hit the wall angrily.

Bokuto only looked at him and didn't say anything, he buried his face into his hands and realized how people's life can really change in a blink of an eye. Earlier, he was on a date with the literal love of his life, and now he's at the hospital, not knowing if one of his best friends is going to be ok, what if.. he's not?

Suddenly Iwaizumi appeared, he was out of breath, covered in sweat and his eyes were filled with tears. He saw Kuroo and quickly ran up to him, and grabbing him violently he shouted "Daichi, where is he?! is he ok?! tell me!!"

"Iwa calm down first" Kuroo grabbed him by the shoulders.

"He's ok right?" Iwaizumi cried, letting himself fall onto Kuroo.

"Let's go get some air, ok?" Kuroo suggested as he held Iwaizumi up. Iwa nodded and they walked towards the nearest exit.

Suga and Oikawa were both taken aback at the sudden scene they had just witnessed and the fact that Kuroo was so calm about it too.

Bokuto rubbed the back of his head and with hesitation he spoke "um that just now.. Iwa has this kind of trauma? I guess we could call it that. I'm not really sure because he doesn't like talking about it but I know that when he was in middle school, a close friend of his passed away. He actually doesn't remember much but he said he has this lingering feeling left. It's like  he can't remember the events but he can still remember the pain he felt at that time.. something like that"

"I see.." Suga said and Oikawa looked down, knowing exactly what Bokuto was talking about.

After a few minutes Iwa and Kuroo came back and a doctor finally approached them.

"Doctor! h-how is he?!" Suga hurriedly stood up and so did the others.

The doctor smiled "he lost a lot of blood but fortunately we were able to stabilize him so he'll be ok. Right now he's sleeping but if anyone wants to go inside, you're free to do so"

Everyone let out a sigh of relief "thank you so much" Suga bowed at the Doctor before he left. He glanced back at Daichi's friends nervously "um I know I have no right to ask this but.. can I please go see him first? It won't take long I just- I really want to see him"

"Hey, it's fine. It's not like he's going anywhere" Kuroo chuckled "go ahead" Iwa nodded and so did Bokuto. Suga smiled at the three friends and taking a last glance at Oikawa he slowly walked inside the room.

Seeing Daichi lay there broke his heart, he was hurt because of his actions and he couldn't do anything to protect him from his past. Suga slowly approached Daichi and sat beside his hospital bed, he caressed his hair and tears started to wail up in his eyes once more.

"I'm so sorry, Daichi" he held tightly onto his hand "this is all my fault.."

A faint "no.." was heard all of a sudden, making Suga's head sprint up. Daichi had woken up, he turned his head towards Suga and a funny smiled appeared on his face.

"An angel?"

Suga let out a short chuckle and wiped his eyes "hey.. how are you feeling?"

"Hmm, better now that you're here"

"I'm sorry, this all happened because of me.. I'm so glad you're ok"

"Stop blaming yourself, it was all because of that piece of crap.. are you ok?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm just a little bruised here and there, no bid deal"

Daichi sat up, letting out a grunt.

"H-hey be careful" Suga stood up worriedly.

"I'm ok, sit down" Daichi said, taking Suga by the hand. He took one of his wrists and scanned it thoroughly with a frown on his face and without saying anything he leaned in and placed soft kisses around it, doing the same on the other. An awfully noticeable blush spread across Suga's face and he let out a nervous chuckle.

To be continued..