First day/Forest Fire

Disclaimer: I do NOT own all the characters from Fireman Sam and the Night Shift; they are made and owned by Mattel/Wildbrain, and NBC Universal.

It was a nice and sunny day in Pontypandy. Sam and Penny were upstairs in the fire station kitchen enjoying a nice cup of tea when Elvis, Arnold, and Ellie walked in. Elvis decided he was going to make another Shepherd's Pie for dinner tonight. Arnold was trying to fix his computer from home after he had some problems. Ellie was checking the First Aid Kit prior to the next Emergency. "As you all know, Station Officer Steele went looking for some Teabags, so he has asked me to organize a training drill later." Sam said as he sat down for a cup of tea.

"Oh, I hope I get to go into the Smoke Room. I have never done that after you did Sam."

"Well, this one is different than the rest of them Elvis."

Penny was helping Ellie organize the Fire Station Medical Bay for the next time they need it. Penny looked around for some tape in the kit, but couldn't find any. "Ellie, have you got any spare tape around?" She asked.

"Yeah, I got some. Hang on."

Ellie went to go find some spare tape from Jupiter. After she got back, the tape was passed over to Penny. Not long until they finished, Sam walked in to remind them of something that Station Officer Steele had to tell them. "Penny, Ellie; Station Officer Steele wanted me to tell you that Helen and Mike are out of town today except for Mandy, and Malcolm. So, I need you two in charge of medical emergencies." Sam called

"Roger that Sam." They said

Back at the wholefish Café,

Charlie was going out with Bronwyn today to America, but they don't know who will watch Sarah and James. Charlie had booked a flight to the state of Texas in San Antonio. "Bronwyn! We are going to be late for our flight. can you hurry up, please love?" Charlie called from downstairs.

"I am coming Charlie; I can't find anyone to look after Sarah and James while we are gone."

They both couldn't find anyone to look after the twins while they were on holiday. They know Helen and Mike are gone to assist with damages from the storm, and Malcolm had his hands full while looking after Mandy. Gareth was busy back at the train station today while watching his dog Nipper. The only person available to look after them was Charlie's brother Sam and the other firefighters. "Hmm. Maybe we should call my brother and see if he can look after them." said Charlie.

"Oh, thank goodness for that Charlie. You are always having ideas, don't you?"

"I always do."

Bronwyn then pulled her phone out to call Sam and see if he can look after Sarah and James while they are away on Holiday. She was thinking about what Sam would say if he had done something terrible while working.

Back at the Fire Station,

Sam's phone was ringing while he was working with Elvis on Jupiter's lockers. Arnold tapped Sam's shoulder and pointed to his phone. He rushed over to where his phone was and answered. "Hello." he said

"Hi Sam, I was wondering if you can look after Sarah and James for me. Charlie and I are on Holiday in America, and I called my dad, but he was too busy today."

"Oh, I'll tell you what, I can definitely look after them for you while you are gone. I even have some help back at the station. You can definitely bring them here and I will keep an eye on them for you both."

"Thanks, Sam. I'll ask Trevor to bring them to you. I'll see you later. bye"

Trevor was on his way to take Charlie and Bronwyn to the airport, but they need to make a stop outside the Fire Station to drop off Sarah and James so Sam can look after them. As soon as they arrived, they all came off the bus to tell Sam how to reach them while they are in America. Sarah and James were collecting their bags from the bus, then they caught up with their parents so they can say hello to their Uncle Sam. "Hello Uncle Sam." James said as he climbed off the bus.