Ch. 2

Currently in New York

Outside a nightclub, stops a black fancy car, and a guy steps out of it.. He enters the nightclub, and asks the staff for someone, as soon as he approaches he calls out for Mr. David..

David turns to the guy and says "Uh.. Matt what brings you here.." Matt replies "I've recieved a call from Mr. Jackson and he informed me to get for an urgent meeting.." David looks to Matt and says "Oh, after all that time.. father remembered that he had a second son. I guess I will have to skip this"
Confused Matt looks to David and says "Sir, it's urgent" David lets out a deep sigh and says "Fine, I am coming"

After some time, David arrives at the Jacksons Company, then goes to the meeting room..

Mr. Jackson coldly raises his eyes as David enters the room. He turns to the board and says we can start our meeting.

"I've got you here today to discuss an important decision.. After the 100th anniversary of this company, I will retire.. and wouldn't find a finer CEO for this company than my young successful Edward.. let me hear your opinion.."

As soon as he made the announcement, the room was full of mixed feelings.. Members of the board started chattering in between and David stood there staring at Mr. Jackson.. then says in a sarcastic tone "That's pretty much expected, Mr. Jackson is handing the company to his golden son, and for those who don't know me, I am David H. Jackson the first son of Mr. Henry Jackson"

A member of the board viciously says "No no, you mean the scandalous bastard son of Mr. Jackson." and continues in a lower tone, "I wonder why did Mr. Jackson get this trash here"
"I hear you loud and clear so, let me ask Mr. Jackson the same question. Why did you bring me here? Have you brought me here, to insult me?" Asked David. All the people in the room start laughing, but one;

Mr. John Roberts who said "He's the older son like it or not, he is a Jackson, he must be given a chance in this company. Mr. William Jackson would have had the same opinion"

Mr. Jackson completely ignores him and turns to David and says "I brought you here for a mission, if you succeed in it, I'll accept you publicly as my son" All went silent and their eyes widened to Mr. Jackson..

but this silence was interrupted by David's inquiry "What did I do to deserve such a generous offer?" Mr. Jackson replies "You did nothing but brought shame to us with your scandalous behaviour."

No matter how furious was David, he maintained calm and continued to inquire further but Mr. Jackson cuts him and says later..

As soon as he left, David drives to the hospital where his paralyzed grandmother was. On seeing how cheerful he was, she got very curious. After teasing her a bit, he informs her about Mr. Jackson's plans for him.

Before realizing the growing concern on his grandmother's face, he receives a call from his father's assistant regarding today's meeting, and suddenly he turns to his grandmother with a pale face full of tension..

to be continued...

After all what is that mission?

A/N.. Didn't really think I will update today, but got like super excited and wrote this part in one go.

Guys, do tell me how did you find this part and hit me up in the comments section below..
Till next time.. don't forget support me with a vote ✨
Bye..