e.p. - blue birthday

You walked out of the elevator, crossing to the glass doors of the BAU. You grabbed the handle and felt an arm on your bicep. You turned your head to see Emily behind you, a smile on her face. 

"Happy birthday!" She said, pulling you in for a hug. 

"Thanks Em, but it's really not that big of a deal." 

She pulled away, her brows furrowed. "Of course it's a big deal. It's another year that I get to spend with you." 

Your eyes flicked to the ground, your lips turned up at the corners before looking back to her. She gave you a quick kiss and took your hand. She led you to the round table room where your team was, them cheering and smiling when they saw you. 

"Surprise!" They exclaimed in unison, you giggling softly. 

The room was decorated with balloons and streamers, a cake sat on the table with a small pile of presents. Garcia waddled over to you, her arms open wide. "Happy birthday!" 

"Thank you Penelope." You laughed. 

"Why didn't you tell us it was your birthday, Princess?" Derek asked, patting your shoulder. 

You shrugged your shoulders. "I honestly don't know." 

"Let's cut the cake!" Penelope cheered. 

You turned to Emily, giving her another kiss. "Thank you, Em. I love you." 

She placed her hand on your cheek, stroking softly. "I love you, too."