e.p. - sensitive

requested by pagetownsme

tw: self-harm and self-harm scars

You sat on the edge of the bed, paralyzed and lost in thought. The scars lining your wrists and thighs stared back at your teary eyes, consuming your mind with endless guilt and frustration. Nothing made sense. Nothing was making the feeling go away.

Your damp hair draped at your shoulders, your body still glistening with water. It stings. It all stings. The dirty wounds were pained by the clean water, wincing angrily when you had stepped in the shower. But as you look at the angry skin, it stings just as much knowing that this was your only way to feel better. You had the control that you sought out, but it always made you feel worse in the end.

You were ripped from your thoughts as the bedroom door opened, your instinct to cover the stripes tainting your skin. Her bright smile faded so fast that it almost wasn't there; her brows furrowed and lips turned downward. "Baby," she muttered, quickly walking towards you. You shielded yourself and she stepped back, pausing and standing still. Your arms were crossed and knees were drawn up towards your stomach. You wanted to run; you wanted to hide, but you couldn't move. You couldn't even look at Emily, not wanting to see the pity drawn on her face. "Hey, it's just me." She assured you. 

You closed your eyelids and let them linger, hot tears escaping your eyes and streaming down your face. You dropped your arms and legs, exposing them to the woman in front of you. You inhaled deeply as her quiet footsteps approached you, your eyes fluttering open when you felt her cold fingertips against your bare skin. She stared into your eyes, you meeting hers slowly. She didn't say a word, yet you knew what she was saying. She was saying sorry even though she had no reason to be. This was your fault. Not hers. You didn't want her to take this on.

Her hands traced up your thighs and she gently caressed the sensitive skin. She leaned forward and kissed your raw flesh, a sob catching in your throat. She looked up to you and placed her hands on your cheeks, wiping the salty droplets with her thumbs. You saw tears building in her eyes as she took care of your own. You didn't want her to take this on. "Emily, please," you begged in a whisper. "I love you, and I don't want you to see me like this." 

She says, "I love you, y/n. And that means all of you. I can never stress that enough." 

You smiled softly and she moved her hands to your wrists. She planted sweet, tender kisses on you, putting love into every centimeter of you.