e.p. - paris

I lay in bed under the heavy white duvet, staring out the window. My face rests on the warm pillow and I don't want to move. The sky is cloudy and the window is covered in large droplets of rain, a tree's branches blowing in the wind. The Eiffel Tower gleams with light and it's all so beautiful.

I feel the mattress being weighed down as Emily climbs into bed with me, wrapping her arms around my waist and pressing herself against my back. She uses her fingers to gently move some hair away from my neck and leaves soft kisses on the sensitive skin.

I feel tired and drowsy but I can't help but feel the excitement of new love. It's fresh and clean. A perfectly blank slate.

I sigh contently. "This is nice. I don't think I can ever get out of bed."

We both chuckle softly, her breath on the back of my neck. Her thumb strokes the skin of my torso, my shirt slightly lifted.

"I'm happy, y/n. I didn't think I'd feel that again." She whispers.

I roll over so I'm facing her, meeting her dark eyes. I want her to know I'm listening.

"After Doyle, and coming here, and just everything that happened, you're a breath of fresh air. You don't judge me for what I should or shouldn't have done. You don't blame me for letting it get that far."

Emily had told me about what brought her here to Paris and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She left her life behind. Her friends, her career, her family. They all think that she's dead and lost forever. She doesn't know how or if she'll ever be able to show her face again. Staring at her features and knowing the ins and outs of her heart, I can see why they miss her so much. I can't imagine not knowing her.

"How could I ever judge you? You did what you had to. If you see them again, they'll understand. And if they don't I'll kick their ass."

We laugh and her lips pull up the corners, begging me to kiss them. She's a dream.

I reach forward, taking her hair between my fingers and twirling it. "So, today I was thinking that we can walk around and go to the bakery you love down the street."

She hums happily. "That sounds amazing."

She leans in kissing me, her hand on my cheek. I smile between kisses, wondering how such a bad thing that happened to her made me so happy.

a/n: not my greatest work but I did this really late at night and thought I could share :)