Chapter 4 - girlfriend

Tsuyu stood nervously outside Ochako's dorm room door, about to take her best friend out on a date.

'Friends,' she thought, realizing they still haven't made it official since they confessed the other day. 'I'll have to ask her tonight.'

Taking a deep breath, Tsuyu knocked on Ochako's door, which opened almost immediately. Ochako was wearing a pink and white shirt and a matching skirt, along with a pair of white converse.

'So cute...' Tsuyu thought, blushing.

"You look beautiful Ochako, kero," she said shyly. Ochako smiled in response.

"Thank you Tsu, so do you."

The two headed downstairs to the commons. As they entered, Mina noticed them and grinned at Tsuyu, giving her a thumbs up. Tsuyu blushed and smiled back at her. As they left the building, she saw Mina turn to Hagakure and Kirishima. Tsuyu giggled, knowing that Ochako and her would have questions from everyone when they got back, knowing Mina and her tendency to gossip.

As they began walking to the cafe in the cool air, they were silent for a bit. Not an uncomfortable silence though, more of a peaceful silence. That was, until Tsuyu felt her hand brush against Ochako's as they walked. Then it was slightly uncomfortable. Tsuyu looked up at Ochako to see that she was also blushing. Feeling brave, Tsuyu did what she could tell both of them were thinking about. She reached for Ochako's hand and interlaced their fingers as they kept walking.

The silence became peaceful again as the girls' hearts beat faster, feeling each other's warm hands interlaced with their own.

Tsuyu stopped as they reached the cafe. They walked in together and ordered their food and coffee to go. Ochako suddenly giggled, and Tsuyu looked over at her, and Ochako pointed to the corner of the cafe. At a table in the corner were Jiro and Kaminari. Kaminari was feeding Jiro a bite of his food from across the table.

Tsuyu giggled too. "I knew they'd get together sooner or later, kero."

Ochako nodded. "It was so obvious they liked each other despite how much they denied it."

"Don't let Mina hear about this," Tsuyu laughed. "They'll never hear the end of it, kero."

Ochako laughed and agreed. The two grabbed their food as the worker called their names. Tsuyu glanced at Jiro and Kaminari to see if they had heard. Sure enough, the blonde boy and his girlfriend had looked over at the two, blushing. Kaminari made a desperate gesture that Tsuyu just knew meant 'please don't tell Mina.' Tsuyu giggled and made a gesture of zipping her mouth. Jiro made a gesture that said 'thank you'.

Coffees and food in hand, Tsuyu and Ochako walked to a nearby park with a small stream running through it. They sat down under a tree near the creek and ate their food together while they talked about school and watched the sun set on the horizon.

Ochako tapped Tsuyu on the shoulder. Tsuyu turned to see Ochako holding up a bite of her food on a fork.

"I thought we could try it too," she said blushing. Tsuyu giggled at her adorable blush and took the delicious bite of warm food, then gave Ochako a bite of her food as well.

After the two finished their food, they drank the rest of their coffee, listening to the relaxing bubbling of the creek and watching the last of the orange light leave the sky as the sun set completely and the moon rose for the night. Ochako placed her hand on top of Tsuyu's next to her, but forgot to use only four fingers. Tsuyu felt herself lifting off the ground as Ochako stood up and apologized, blushing and holding onto her arms so she didn't float away. Tsuyu just giggled as she looked at her.

Suddenly both of them realized the fact that their faces were mere inches apart as Tsuyu floated in the air. Time seemed to stop, and to the two it felt like they were the only people in the world in that moment. Tsuyu looked into Ochako's chocolate eyes, seeing a longing in them. She gently placed her right hand on Ochako's cheek and slowly closed her eyes as she leaned her face in closer until finally her lips pressed against Ochako's.

Her lips were soft and she could taste strawberries as Ochako put her arms around Tsuyu's waist, pulling her back to the ground before pressing her fingers together to release her. The two reluctantly pulled their lips away after what simultaneously felt like forever and not nearly long enough. They stared into each other's half-lidded eyes.

"Ochako?" Tsuyu whispered.

"Yes Tsu?"

"Will you be my girlfriend, kero?"

"Of course I will."

end.

A/N: Thank you for reading! I know this was a pretty short fic, but that's what I had always planned for it to be. Hopefully you enjoyed it anyways! I'm already working on a new fic that I'll probably start publishing in a couple days now. It's a Kamijiro fic and will probably be longer than this one. Hopefully you'll give it a read when it starts coming out! Again, thank you all for reading. See you soon!