Chapter 1 - petals

Tsuyu felt her pulse pounding in her head as she kneeled on the bathroom floor, filling the trash can and painting the ground with blood-stained flower petals as they fell from her mouth. Soon, someone knocked at her bedroom door.
"Tsu?" The voice at the door asked.
"Oh no," she mumbled under her breath. She held onto the counter for balance as she slowly stood up, wiping the blood dripping from her lips on her shirt sleeve. She stepped out of the bathroom and closed the door behind her.
Tsuyu stumbled across her dorm room and tried her best to seem fine as she opened the door.
Standing outside Tsuyu's door was Ochako. Tsuyu blushed.
"Hi Tsu!" Ochako said in her usual cheery voice, smiling. "I came to see if you were okay, it sounded like you were in pain?"
Tsuyu looked down, feeling some shame for worrying her friend. "Sorry," she said quietly. "I'm fine though, Ochako, don't worry about me, kero."
Ochako tilted her head. "What was going on then?" She asked, worried.
"Oh, uh, I just..." Tsuyu paused and glanced around, trying to think of an excuse. "I just stubbed my toe on my bed frame," she finished, looking back at Ochako and quietly laughing nervously. Ochako looked back at her with a concerned look on her face. She knew something didn't seem right with Tsuyu right now, but decided she wouldn't pressure her.
"Okay, well if you need anything you know I'm always on the next floor!" She said, regaining her smile and happy tone. Tsuyu nodded, blushing at Ochako's friendly smile.
"Oh! We're all going to eat dinner together downstairs in an hour and then all hang out for the evening since it's Friday, will you come join us?"
Tsuyu was about to answer as she felt the force of the petals scraping her throat, making their way up from her lungs. She did her best to force them back down and said sure.
"Great!" Ochako said. "See you soon Tsu!" As Ochako walked away, Tsuyu stepped back into her room. She closed and locked her door behind her and rushed back to her bathroom. She made sure to close the bathroom door while she was inside to try to hide the sound. She took out her phone and set a timer for an hour before the flower petals took control again and flowed out of her mouth.
The petals were no longer a beautiful pink like they were a few days ago when this started. They were all dotted with dark red blood. They no longer fluttered to the ground gently . Instead they fell like rain, landing and leaving blood on the floor. Tsuyu didn't know how much time she had left. But she guessed from the amount of blood that came up every time that it wasn't long. She hadn't told anyone about what was happening, out of fear of being forced to get the surgery to remove the flowers. She had decided that she wouldn't get the surgery. Knowing that the surgery would also remove all her feelings for Ochako made the option too painful for Tsu to consider, even if it meant she would die otherwise, unless Ochako returned the feelings Tsu had.
But of course, Tsu knew there was no way Ochako would ever like her back.
It was painfully obvious she was in love with Deku.