Chapter Seven

"Attention everyone, you will not be attending school today, we will be having testing. " Mr. T announced over the intercome.

"Ugh, I hate testing." Joci groaned.

"Yeah, but it's worse for Kayde and Malachi, considering they have to fully shift. " Watson stated.

We were all sitting in the meeting room, well, almost all of us.

Lyam, Steffani, and Rena weren't in here.

I sat by myself in the corner, while Malachi sat with Watson and Joci by the window.

"How do you feel about it?" Joci asked Malachi.

"I don't know. I dread shifting, but other then that, testing isn't that bad. " He shrugged.

"Oh, well, what do you guys want to do until 12?" Joci asked.

"Why 12? " Asked Watson

"Because that's when they always do testing." Malachi replied.

"Oh yeah. " Watson said as he glanced at me.

I sighed and leaned over on my desk, closing my eyes.

"Hey, you good?" Watson asked.

I nodded. "I have a headache. " I stated.

"Ya know, ever since you met Tatum, you've spoken a lot more." He said, concentrating on something near my feet.

"Plus, you seem to not be as a angry. " Joci added.

I thought for a minute.

It was true.

That's when her face came rushing into my mind with an undeniable erge to see her, to feel her.

" Yo." Watson called. I must've been staring off into space again.

"Huh?"

"You had a pretty dark look on your face. " Watson said with an eyebrow raised.

"Sorry." I replied quietly.

"You're good- Hey! Wanna go meet with everyone else? " He said, cutting himself off.

"Sure! " Joci answered.

"Alright, let's go. "

_____________

"Hey, guys. Im glad Mr. T let us do this. " Watson said, leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah, this is great. " Joci agreed, pulling her sunglasses down so she could peek above them.

"We have about an hour. " Edwin said from underneath the tree.

"And an hour is all we need. Just some relaxation time. " Watson stated, placing his arms above his head.

We all sat in the sun on this beautiful day in our usually warm town. The sun was shining brightly, the birds were chirping, the sound of the fountain water running behind us. It really was relaxing.

Well, apart from the anxiety. Shifting is painful. I'm talaway all your bones breaking and resituating themselves all the while you have to keep the animal erges away.

It's harder while in form to keep control for Malachi and I.

"Rena woke up. " Edwin stated. He had been mostly quiet since the incident. I believe he was a little stirred about the whole ordeal.

"She was freaking out at first, but after the nurse and I explained what happened she claimed down a little. Also, Lyam woke up late last night, he drank some water and went back to sleep. Steffani hasn't came out of her room. " He said quietly.