2.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I did was look at the ceiling for my bedroom

I couldn't help but smile. Growing up I had these glow in the dark stars placed on my ceiling because I was afraid of the dark.

When Anthony and I moved here, he spent 3 days placing the stars in specific places to make the constellations.

Another act of kindness on his part that made me fall even more in love with him.

Anthony and I moved into this place after graduating collage in California. We thought that New York City would be a perfect place for us since there were a lot of job openings. And we both had a guilty pleasure of watching Sex and the City so we grew up always wanting to live here.

Thinking about that show definitely makes me think I'm Charlotte. All she wanted was a nice job and to find the love of her life.

Anthony could put Samantha to shame. He's probably slept with more people than she did.

Stupidly I thought that when we moved here and lived together that Anthony might notice me. That the nostalgia of being in New York City would open his eyes. I hoped that he would ask me to be his boyfriend. We would grow our careers together. He'll eventually propose and i'll give myself to him on our wedding night. And if we were lucky, this room would be a Nursery for our first baby.

Even now, I wish that he would see me making breakfast and realize that I was the one for him. That he'll wrap his arms around my waist and kiss the side of my neck and ask me to be his.

But that didn't seem like it would happen.

We're just two friends who share an apartment. His favorite thing about New York is how he can go to any bar and pick up whoever he wants. My favorite thing about New York is getting to live with him.

Other than that, I hate it here. I miss my Dad's. But I came here to hopefully obtain my dream and because Anthony is here.

Gosh, I'm really pathetic.

After getting up from my bed and going into my attached bathroom to shower and clear these tear stains off my face, I got dressed and walked into the kitchen.

Of course, some random guy was sitting and clipping his toenails on the kitchen counter. Who the hell does that? It's a kitchen gods sake. No one wants to find nail clippings here.

"Good morning" I said, pretending not to be enraged by this guy in my apartment who slept with the man I love.

"Hey, do you have any coffee? Like the good stuff, not this off-brand target stuff?" He asked with a smile

I don't know how i kept a straight face.

Did this asshole really talk shit about my coffee? First off, market pantry coffee is awesome, yeah i get this is New York but I'm not spending $14 on coffee. The target brand is $5 for 30 ounces of ground coffee and is just as good as the name brand stuff.