Different Thoughts and a Certain Avox

Ok guys, here you go, Chappy 9. And also, the italics will be the Capitol-mind part of Peeta's thoughts. Anyhoo, on with the story!

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong! It's all wrong! The rebellion. Katniss. They are bad. The rebels are bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!

"NO!" I scream out in frustration. No! I have to stop thinking these things! The tracker jacker serum that the Capitol put in me are starting to make me think crazy things. Things I'm truly against. 

No, you're not against it. You do believe in this. In stopping the war. The Capitol has it right. The so called rebels are just radicles, as Snow puts it. 

"Ugh" I'm trying so hard to fight off this tiny little voice. It pains me to think that it's actually just me thinking these things, but in a different mind set. The Capitol created part of my mind and thinking. 

Oh the Capitol is so right. I don't know what Katniss is thinking. She is obviously blindly, stupidly suppor- 

"STOP! STOP THINKING THESE THINGS! Please," I pant, "please just make it stop!" My voice has lowered down to a desperate whisper as it gently echo's through the prison. Darius has currently fainted because yesterday, another two peacekeepers came in, and cut off Darius's five toes off his right foot; and I can hear the rest of the girls, Johanna, Enobaria and Annie anxiously asking each other what has happened to me across the prison hall. Lavinia, as she can't talk, just looks at me slightly sad and worried if I ever have an outburst of my 'Capitol-mind' restraint.  

I'm curled up in a ball, holding my legs up to my chest with my thin and feeble arms. I rock back and forth, shaking my head, trying to fight off the voice. Muttering to my Capitol-mind to shut up. To be quite. Leave me alone, leave me be. But it just won't. The Capitol, the

horrible Capitol, is changing my mind, changing my thoughts, changing me! I just hate it so much. I wish so badly that I was with Katniss right now. She would help me, just seeing her would make me extra determined to fight away my Capitol-mind.  But somewhere deep down I know that fighting off the voice isn't going to work. This specific serum has a solid effect. It's antidote does not depend on me trying to force it away. It's only ever so slightly working right now because I've only had the one dosage: my first one after the extreme beating. It's been two days since. 

"What's happened to you?" Johanna asks me for the hundredth time, but I don't tell her because I just don't want to talk about it, because I feel like if I do, I'll shatter into a million pieces. Voicing the reality aloud, that the Capitol now has control over my mind and feelings, speaking it out loud will ruin me, break me.  

It's not wrong, not wrong at all. This is after all, YOU saying it yourself, Peeta. YOU are thinking this, believing this. It's all right, the Capitol, what they are saying, what they stand for. Preserving a country's entire nation! If you think the Capitol is wrong, you're going crazy just like Katniss. Just accepting everything that the rebel's tell her. You mustn't believe any of that, NONE of it! 

But my Capitol-mind rant is interrupted by the loud sound of the prison doors opening, squealing at the hinges. Two peacekeepers walk in, and go into Lavinia's cell. She scrambles away from them as they walk over to her, but it's pointless. The two have easily cornered her, and are now pinning her to the wall, tying her wrists and ankles into thick metal manacles, quite a lot like mine from the beating. She's limply standing against the wall, the manacles clearly the only thing keeping her up. Her head hangs uselessly, but I can see her eyes darting around her cell and prison, fear clear and evident in her eyes. 

The peacekeepers are plugging some type of wire into an electricity socket at the top of the wall that Lavinia is bound to. Two wires on each side of her. 

I look at the display in front of me, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to what on Earth is happening, or is going to happen. 

As Lavinia sees the wires, her eyes widen, fear, horror and shock swimming through them, I guess she knows what's going to happen. I though, don't have a clue. 

She is whimpering in fear know. A few sobs escape her mouth as the Peacekeepers bring the two wires over to either side of her head and press it against her forehead. 

Her eyes squeeze shut tight, a few tears escaping them, and running down her cheeks. The peacekeeper to her left holds onto the wire, still pressing it against her skull, and reaches out with his other hand to flick on the switch.

Just before the second I realise what is happening, a sharp white zap runs through the wires, connects onto Lavinia's head, and electrocutes her dead, her last sound being a painful, high shriek curdled from deep within her, the helpless sound filled with absolute horror.