The End

A/N:

Okay guys. here we go. This is my first ever fanfic, so I apolagize if it's stupid or anything :P 

Please comment, I'm open to any suggestions on making the story better! 

And the Author's Notes (A/N) will be in bold ;)

Peeta's mum P.O.V

I swallow on the little saliva I have in my mouth, trying to ease the croaky sandpaper of a throat that the starvation of district 12 has given me, despite us owning the bakery, which we can’t eat the bread we ourselves bake- we simply can’t afford it. My eyes are stinging but I have barely any water, or anything damp for the matter, to soothe them. Why they sting is because I’m shedding tears. Tears because the wretched capitol of our country, Panem, has sent my youngest son, Peeta back into the Hunger Games, with the Seam girl, Katniss, to whom he is currently married.

Was it really in fate’s book to have all the odds against my innocent boy? Could he truly not have a safer, happier maybe, future after winning the disastrous 74th Games with Katniss? He just had to go back in the arena, the epitome of a slice from hell for the Quarter Quell.  

By the looks of it so far, Katniss is trying her hardest to get Peeta out of there alive, and I’m so grateful to her for that it’s unexplainable, but I know that if she dies and Peeta lives, he will be wrecked, he truly does love her.

I watch the screen of our battered little TV intently where they show the games being placed. My grip on Anthony’s hand (Peeta's dad), where he sits beside me on our couch, is so tight my knuckles turn Capitol white, because District’s 12 white could just as well be brown for all anyone knew.

They don’t show Peeta, but they show Katniss, where she staggers around, her arm bruised and bloody. She has strength and determination that can’t go amiss. Even living the harshness of a poor life in a district doesn’t match up to the pain and injuries that is evident on her. So even with the quite useless arm now, she is able to tie the wire that the District 3 lunatic made to the tip of her arrow- apparently not part of the allies plan.

Midnight is about to strike the arena, meaning the lightning will strike the tree. There is five minutes left till the lightning strikes and Katniss should be tying it around the beach, so that the tributes not in the alliance get electrocuted, but instead she is aiming her wire tipped arrow to the sky.

10 seconds remaining till midnight.

9

8

7

She’s released the arrow and it’s shot up into the sky. I’m on tenterhooks, Peeta and the rest will get electrocuted and dead in a second. WHAT IS SHE DOING?! 

5

4

3

2

1

An almighty roar of a sound is issued from the sound set of the TV and the screen goes a blindingly bright silvery-white for a second before-

*blink*

-the screen goes blank.  

Wooh! Cliffy!! Anyways, yes I know that in the books they made it quite obvious that Peeta's mum hates him, but I mean, he's still her very own son! Like, he might just die in the most brutal way in a matter of seconds, she still cares- and I was gonna write a bit where she would say that she regretted harming him verbally or physically, but I couldn't find the right place to put it, but anyway, you've got your explaination right here :)