The Diagnosis

It was a weird day. I was at school struggling with my studies as usual. My best friend was eating something, but I could not remember. She offered me the food and also helped with the coursework but I could not hear her. 

As my psyche was slightly dwindling and swaying, just like a Eucalyptus tree in windy winter noon.

Lately, I have been very sad and anxious. I could realize if this goes on then I'd soon fall apart. 

But I can't tell my family as they will think I am pretending to excuse myself from studying.

To distract or rather to rejuvenate me I started reading my English textbook.

But then something happened...

I remembered the world aka the blackboard in front of my converting into a jelly-like structure.

Kind of slimy you know?

The last thing I could recall that my best friend was screaming for help and calling our homeroom teacher so that she could call an ambulance.

Years later she told me I was choking on my own vomit and she thought I was a goner.

Then all the medical procedures were followed. 

The worst thing that followed was the rumour that I had tried to commit suicide because of a boy.

And they knew who the guy was.

No, it was not the shy guy aka golden boy. Nobody knew about him.

Those idiots didn't know me and didn't have any idea how much I love my life. I was never foolish enough to end it.

The medical report instigated that I had severe gastritis caused by unmeasurable mental pressure. I was soon assigned to a psychiatrist and a psychologist.

When I was in hospital bed half awake, I saw my mother crying silently. She was a crackhead but I was really moved. 

But I was flabbergasted to see Anirvan aka 'golden boy' coming to visit me with my best friend.

I. Was. Like. WTF!!!

I looked like a ghetto version of Margot Robbie! Pale and emaciated.

My bestie winked at me and I showed her the middle finger which Anirvan saw but didn't say anything.

"You've always had depression, since class 10, but it didn't show because you were doing something you love", he said abruptly.

"erm...er...how do you even know ?"

"I saw"

I just realized my BFF has left the chat aka room.

I could feel myself being flushed. He noticed.

He got up and suddenly and put his hands in his Jean pockets and said,

"Well, I am off to tuition. Your pending coursework is at your best friend's. Join when you are ready. If You're not then don't"

As he turned to leave he looked back and asked out of the blue,

"Do you really like the person whom everyone thinks you have a crush on?"

"whom?", I get flabbergasted too much.

"Robin."
"Heh? No!"

"FYI he doesn't give a shit about you", Ani said and left without another word.

I sat there. Dumbfounded.