3.

Songs featured in this chapter: 247 by Seventeen

I'm awake but I don't want to open my eyes. I just don't wanna see this room for the last time. I slowly sit up and examine the room quietly. "Someone's at the door for you", screamed jinjin from down the stairs. I quickly put on my slippers and tie up my hair in a ponytail rushing downstairs. "What are you doing here so early?", "I thought that you'd need some help since you're moving out". "I'm already done with the packing but you can help me later when it comes to carrying the stuff downstairs", I said and he nods. Moonbin can be really considerate  sometimes. Just like the time when i got bullied in middle school and he stood up for me, and when my parents travelled and left me with the irresponsible 18yr old jinjin who never was home, he always was there to check up on me.

He takes me out for breakfast to the nearest cafe. This cafe holds our memories, first mine and moonbin's until we met soo ah and hee kyung. I never was the person who had a lot of friends, but moonbin made me feel like i had just enough friends. Although he lived far away, he always came here too meet us. He'd never miss our hangouts or forget our birthdays, he's just the friend who everyone wishes for.
"What does it feel like now that I'll be living in the same neighborhood as you?", "Well, at least I won't be spending money on buses and cabs", he chuckled. "We can't leave out soo ah and hee kyung, you'll be spending money but with me",  "A lot better", he answered and i gave him a smile. "It's just so weird now that I'm leaving the place that i grew up in", "It can be overwhelming but it's for the better. It's not like you'd be emotionless there, it's a chance to restart your life", he explained making me feel a lot better. "Do you want to go visit the park for the last time?", he asked as we left the cafe, "Of course".

We're walking around the park and i'm trying not to let out a tear. Flashbacks of all of the hurtful moments that i went through and came here suffocating are playing in front of my eyes, the moment i sat down on the swing. I look straight to the river and take a deep breath. I can feel moonbin's stare but i just ignore it to avoid his questions. He suddenly gets up and walks up to the ice cream car. He bought me some icecream to get me out of this gloomy mood. "Thanks", i said clenching my teeth, "you're welcome".

We're back home and we already got everything downstairs. My dad turns on the car's engine and they're calling up my name as i'm standing in front of the door looking up to the building. I'm not sad, I'm happy but it's just that bittersweet happiness and i almost have mixed feelings about it. I run to the car and sit beside moonbin as he taps me on the shoulder to reassure me. I can't tell him that I don't need reassurance because i'm not sad but i'm scared that it'll hurt his feelings. He has this idea that everything hurts me, not gonna lie i'm a really sensitive person but not to that extent. He makes me feel like a cry baby sometimes and it's not really the nicest feeling.

(...)
I'm in my new room. It's white painted and i have some string lights hanging on the wall right beside my bed. The windows are behind my brown wooden bed. I have some small brown wooden tables as well, just next to the bed. On top of them i have two lamps and my alarm on one of the small wooden tables.  I don't have a wardrobe, but a dressing room and a bathroom. The doors are also wooden as well as my study table. I organized my desk and placed all the photos and hung in my polaroids in place. I also have a library, it's not exactly a library but shelves to keep my books. I tuck in my white bed sheet and throw my blanket on top of it. I can clearly see the sunset from my window, the view is just so peaceful.

I'm walking down the street to examine the neighborhood. It's so fancy, the houses are all in the same theme, either white, light grey or dark grey. I walk into the nearest convenient store because i wanted to have cup noodles for dinner. It's almost like a supermarket, even their convenient stores are huge. I can barely find something that i know, most of the brands are unrecognizable. I finally recognized something that i know. I run to the shelf and i grab it, but someone's hand is on top of mine.. "I grabbed it first", i exclaimed, "No, i did".
I recognized this voice, it's dongmin's.