Chapter Three: Raven Queen

So I'd been waiting down in the Main Steps of School for about 10 minutes now. I'd come out not too long ago to get going to the Village of Book End to pick up a cop of Tailor Quick's new album when it occurred to me that maybe Dexter would want a copy too, if he hadn't already gotten one. I'd been hexting him earlier this week and he'd said he probably didn't have any hextra time to heave school, he'd been so swamped with tests and thronework.

I called him up when I was on my way out of school. "Do you want me to pick up a copy of the new Tailor Quick album for you? I'm going into Book End now so it wouldn't be any trouble...."

But then he proposed the idea that he could meet me outside the school's main steps and we could go buy our albums together. "What a spelltacular idea!" Especially since I don't see him much, out classes being so, SO different.

It's unfortunate actually. I am royalty, not that I'd ever expected anyone to treat me that way considering my mother's behavior. But to be honest, I think my treatment, for the most part, is a little on the unfairest side. None of what she did is my fault. Luckily for me, I have plenty of friends, including Dexter, who don't care who my mom is or what she's done.

I guess I'd be able to tell you that I'm pretty sure Dex had a crush on me at some point. Maybe he still does but I wouldn't want to make any assumptions. This sets him very much apart from his brother in many ways. One of which being Daring would never, ever after, like me, Raven Queen. Daring would never even look past my destiny to see who I really am. But Dexter, he is so much more understanding, being in Daring & his father's shadows and not knowing his specific destiny.

And as I said before, in a million years, could you ever imagine Daring liking Tailor Quick's music? Haha, that's a weird thought.

It'd been quite a while since I'd started waiting here, so I decided to give Dexter a reminder call. Maybe he'd got distracted by something is someone. A pink haired, doesn't-like-me-for-some-reason love-know-it-all someone....

I dialed his number on my MirrorPhone and he answered quickly. "Oh, hey, Raven."

"Hey, are you on your way? Late October is cold, you know! And I wanna get going!" I shouted excitedly, shifting my weight from one hip to the other, holding the phone to my ear.

"Oh, yup, I was studying in the enchanted library quickly. I'm almost there," he responded. "Tada!" He announced, emerging from the school's entrance.

"Hey!" I turned, waiting for him to catch up to me.

"Hey! So Tailor Quick... What an amazing person she is," he said, as if he'd been holding back saying it for a while.

"Yeah... You know, I hear this is the best album yet. I even heard there's a song about a Wonderland on it!" I spilled. Tailor Quick was a really easy subject for me to open up about.

"You're not... Worried?" He said, with a puzzled look on his face.

"About what?" I thought hard, but couldn't come up with anything.

"Well, Wonderland is... Because of the damage caused by..." He trailed off.

He was talking about my mom.

I stopped walking. "Not until right now. "