Chapter 25

THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF USELESS BUT THIS ALSO SHOWS THE BROTHERLY BOND BETWEEN HARRY AND PERCY.

"I know how you are feeling, Harry," said Dumbledore veryquietly.

They had just arrived to the headmasters office and after a depressing conversation with Phineas Nigellus and Armando Dippet, Dumbledore returned.

"No, you don't," said Harry, and his voice was suddenly loud andstrong. White-hot anger leapt inside him. Dumbledore knew nothingabout his feelings.

"You see, Dumbledore?" said Phineas Nigellus slyly. "Never try to understand the students. They hate it. They would much rather betragically misunderstood, wallow in self-pity, stew in their own —"

Harry turned towards and saw the quidditch field. He remembered their first quidditch practice. How Percy would always joke around, annoying Hermione but they had a strong  and beautiful bond. He had imagined them to start dating and getting married at some point holding his kids and then grandkids. He's going to miss his metamorphagus ability.

"There is no shame in what you are feeling, Harry," said Dumbledore's voice. "On the contrary . . . the fact that you can feel pain likethis is your greatest strength."

Harry felt the white-hot anger lick his insides.

"My greatest strength, is it?" said Harry, his voice shaking as he stared out at the Quidditch stadium, no longer seeing it. "You haven't got a clue. . . . You don't know . . ."

"What don't I know?" asked Dumbledore calmly.

"I don't want to talk about how I feel, all right?"

"Harry, suffering like this proves you are still a man! This pain is part of being human —"

"THEN — I — DON'T — WANT — TO — BE — HUMAN!"

Harry roared, and he seized one of the delicate silver instruments from the spindle-legged table beside him and flung it across the room. It shattered into a hundred tiny pieces against the wall. Several of the pictures let out yells of anger and fright, and the portrait of Armando Dippet said, "Really!"

"I DON'T CARE!" Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH,I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, IDON'T CARE ANYMORE —"

He seized the table on which the silver instrument had stood andthrew that too. It broke apart on the floor and the legs rolled in different directions.

"You do care," said Dumbledore. He had not flinched or made asingle move to stop Harry demolishing his office. "You care so much you feel as though you willbleed to death with the pain of it."

"I — DON'T!" Harry screamed, so loudly that he felt his throatmight tear, and for a second he wanted to rush at Dumbledore andbreak him too; shatter that calm old face, shake him, hurt him, makehim feel some tiny part of the horror inside Harry.

"Oh yes, you do," said Dumbledore, still more calmly. "You have now lost your mother, your father, and the closest thing to a brother you have ever known. Of course you care."

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL!" Harry roared. "YOU —STANDING THERE — YOU —"

Harry stared into that old calm face. He ran to the door, seizedthe doorknob again, and wrenched at it.But the door would not open.Harry turned back to Dumbledore.

"Let me out," he said. He was shaking from head to foot.

"No," said Dumbledore simply.

For a few seconds they stared at each other.