Chapter 1: Nova

Nova was sick of how everyone treated her so nicely. It was like she never was the bad guy. All of her poor decisions were erased, and she was back to working day and night at the Renegades Headquarters.

Sure, that was supposed to be a good thing, but she felt as though she did not belong. She felt like a part of her was still a bad person.

After the fight against the Renegades which ended in her switching sides, she still felt like it was not the right decision. Now her life consists of queen-like waving and kissing Adrian for the crowds.  Now that everybody in Gatlon city had superpowers (even if some were really peculiar) life was a little different. She no longer had to hide her secret identity from people and she would never have to use her Nightmare disguise again.

But that was not what she wanted. 

She wanted everybody to have a chance at redemption, everyone to be freed from Cragmoor. But knowing that she was just in there, and freed from the damp and soul stealing place, made her want to save others from Cragmoor too. She wanted to stop people from being judged for decisions they made in the past. Nova would be willing to do ANYTHING to avenge Winston's death. 

Nova had everybody's trust. Everyone loved her. The only problem was that she had nobody on her side that was not locked away and unable to help. Except Cyanide. Maybe he would help? Would he? Or was he also unaware of all the horrible things that were going on over on that deserted island. Knowing Leroy, he probably was still upset over the loss of Honey, his crush. He probably won't even be aware if I was talking to him. 

So much for that, Nova sighed.

Adrian walked in to the security room where Nova was working at the time and stopped at the door when seeing Nova's slight frown. "What's wrong?" He asked, worried. 

"Absolutely nothing" Nova replied harshly.

"I'm not so sure about that, you look off..." Adrian held up the sandwiches he bought. "I brought you something to eat, can you spare a few minutes for me? or are you too busy..." 

Nova sighed and took the bag, inside there a grilled cheese for the each of them. "Thanks" she said, while taking a huge cheesy bite. Adrian sat down in the swivel chair next to hers and eyed Nova suspiciously. 

"What is it Nova?" Adrian asked after a few minutes of awkward silence. Recently she had been spending a lot of time working at the headquarters and not so much doing her own thing. She would never hang out with Rose, Danna, Oscar or him. She was worked up about something, but he was not sure what it might be. Nova stared at him, with a questioning look on her face. 

"It's not something that you should worry about, not that it is anything at all of course. Is there any possibility that they are harbouring prodigies at Cragmoor that are not guilty? Or have changed for the better?" Nova questioned.

Adrian was surprised, he thought it had been something other than that, like she was  saw some suspicious activity on her surveillance watch, or thought that there was a spy like her in the Headquarters. This was about her, not the Renegades, this WAS something that he should be worried about, this was something that he had to help her with. 

"I can talk to the council about it, I'll see what I can do. You don't have to worry Nova, If this is why you are upset about, we can fix it together." Adrian knew that he was missing something, she was not telling him everything. 

Nova watched his uncertain eyes, and spoke once more before leaving the room to go home, or wherever she would go to think. "I'm not so sure I want all this publicity. Maybe I'm not who you think I am, Maybe I'm still the bad guy."