Chapter 22

Everything or Nothing
CatacylsmicEvents
Chapter 22: kiss me like you mean it
Notes:
content warnings (this chapter really deserves an entire content warning on it's own, I won't lie, but here we go): referenced self harm, vaguely depicted self harm, past sexual abuse, flashbacks depicting abuse, biphobia, homophobia, slurs

There is a flashback in this chapter that could be harmful to victims of child sex abuse, if you want to skip over it, it is marked in bold with "six years before," then it's over when you get to "present" in bold.

you can find me on twitter at @cataclysmiceve1 !

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Dazai turns to look at the blonde standing next to him, and has smiles. “Oh, that was just adorable—” she falls silent when Dazai grabs her by the front of the shirt, and for a moment, she’s almost convinced that he’s going to hit her—

And for a second, he thinks he might.

But even now, he can’t bring himself to hit a woman.

Instead, he leans close, his eyes so dark, viciously angry, that she actually looks a little frightened. “Give me your phone.” She hesitates for a moment, her eyes narrowing defiantly, and he snarls, “Give. It. To. Me.”

Reluctantly, she reaches into her purse, pulling it out.

“Unlock it.”

“Hey—!”

“You want me to fucking smash it? Unlock it. Now.”

“...” She rolls her eyes, using her Face ID before swiping up and unlocking the screen.

“And your iCloud.”

“You can’t be s—"

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

“...” She obeys before handing it over, and the moment it’s in Dazai’s hands, he starts swiping through her gallery, deleting photos of him with Chuuya in the bar, particularly those of them kissing—

And then he starts to notice that there are photos from the park. The Aquarium. Restaurants.

Pictures with Atsushi in them, and that--makes something in his head just snap.

"What the fuck?" Dazai mutters, glancing over at her, his eyes widening, and she at least has the nerve to look a little sheepish, but not remorseful. "Someone has to teach you and your father that you can't just run around, ruining people's lives—"

Dazai's fingers are shaking from where he's gripping his phone, his stomach is churning with nausea—and he can't figure out why he's reacting this way. "I didn't—" it shocks him—both of them, really—when he hears how weak his voice sounds, but when he clears his throat, it comes back a lot firmer, "I didn't ruin anyone's life." He snaps, practically throwing the phone back at her when he's done with it. "But I sure as fuck know how, and if you want to see that happen—" he leans in, his voice lowering to a snarl that makes her flinch away. "Go near my family again. Come near me again, go near him again—and I'll make sure you resent it every single day for the rest of your miserable little shithole you call a life, got it?"

Her hands are shaking now, as she shoves her phone bafck in her purse. "You really don't give a damn about what my family went through, do you? What she's been dealing with, trying to find a—"

"What your family went through?!" Dazai shakes his head, yanking up his sleeve, and when her eyes settle on the bandages, she pauses. "Did I have these, the last time you saw me?!"

She doesn't have a response, and Dazai shakes his head, because he doesn't have time for her, not right now. "You don't know anything about me," he hisses. "Or what happened. If I ever see you again, I'm pressing charges for stalking."