╰┈ one

━━━ (💌) chapter one

his picture perfect sunday, free from the burden of school and his mother's continuous scoldings, shielded from the chaos offered by the world and safely tucked in his navy blue blanket. the warmth of the morning sun fanning the surface of his skin. the feeling of relaxation when he could finally become lazy and rest his body more.

maybe it was also why LEE JENO was left in disappointment, because his picture perfect sunday was far from the harsh reality...

his day started when he spotted an unidentified object in front of his door, a piece of paper to be exact. nothing odd from how it looked, judging by its ordinary white texture, the only thing on the surface was a quick scribble of his name - the words treasured a different meankng though, it was oddly familiar to his mind. they brought memories. the memories he had been trying to remove from his mind was back to entering it and this time it was giving him no mercy.

dear jeno,

to be honest, it took me some courage to write this letter. you might know me, but not for who i am. i don't know if you have burried everyting in the past, i hope you didn't. here's something to refresh your memory.

do you perhaps remember summer of 2016 ?

~ n.jm

- 💌 -

it was fascinating yet brutal how the first few sentence was enough to ruin his sunday, he ran his hand through his freshly dyed blonde hair in despair as the memories came rushing, the past being the only thing stuck in his mind.

summer of 2016.

" kyungmin slow down! " the maid chuckled lowly at the sight of two young kids, speeding through the massive house heading straight to the back yard.

NA KYUNGMIN was stubborn, listening was definitely not included in his dictionary. he wasn't a person to surrender lightly to someone's call, especially if it was lee jeno, his closest friwnd.

the words passed through his ear like a light wind. it passed and vanished right after, increasing his steps. the korean was no where near to stopping, even when the breezy wind messed around the thin fabric covering his body, or when his chest started tightening the pain piercing through his skin like a blade.

na kyungmin ignored it all.

jeno didn't plan on stopping either, as his certified " guardian angel " or his
" samoyed in shining armor " as stated by the younger when they were around six. he would protect the male at all cost

guarding kyungmin was like his side job, though it was a pleasure for him to make sure the younger was away from trouble. he would always protect kyungmin's frangible body from danger every day without hesitation. if it meant seeing that angelic grin spreading on his face, if it meant having his body entwined with his as they cuddled warmly.

he would do anything and everything.

jeno gulped as he kept his stern face, a reply to kyungmin's who was sending silly faces to clearly mock him. instead, his gaze stayed on the back yard they were slowly approaching.

" you're too slow lee jeno! " a teasing grin made its way to kyungmin's face as he smirked playfully.

but karma hit him hard, like a stabbing knife.

because the next thing he met was the chilly surface of the pool. the younger gasped as he moved his arm around, an attempt to stay a float but considering the fact that he wasn't born with the best physics, his efforts meant nothing.