╰┈ nine

p.s  this chapter will be from jaemin's POV, also thanks for 160+ views ≧ω≦ ik it's a little but i rlly appreciate it ❤

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter nine....

jaemin's pov

i could finally look at him in the eyes, although it was from a portrait taken years before his disapperance from the earth. i finally got to bid my farewell to my brother and my dear parents. my cowardous young self couldn't afford to attend their funeral, as i was too consumed with guilt and despair, i missed the last chance to send them off to a better place. but at least i was able to.

i put down a bouquet of pink and white carnations, though it was difficult because it meant i also have to move my wheelchair. honestly, i hated this thing, it's like i couldn't move an inch without struggling but it's not like i can walk properly without the stupid wheelchair so there wasn't much option.

moving my wheelchair to the left i greeted my father smiling at his portrait and went all the way to the very right to my mother's, i did the same exact thing. finally, i settled myself in front of kyungmin, who would've thought? god called him before me. he was just a young boy living his best years of youth, no one expected his heart to fail him. i was always the one having sudden episodes, i was the one diagnosed with a heart disease that would kill me when i reached the age of fifteen. but there i was, starring at the eyes of my twin brother at the age of twenty one. the world does hold some unexpected events huh?

" kyungmin-ah, hyung is here, " a smile spread on my face when i pronounced his name.

" i'm sorry i wasn't there on your funeral, i was a foolish coward, " i looked down playing with my hands, and suddenly my heart starting aching replaying those dark times, " i was a coward for losing hope, for not wanting to try, i just let my life go like down the drain—i always thought i don't deserve to live, cause it was too much for me to handle your death followed by mother and father's. i felt like i deserved it, not you, you were never sick but the tables somehow turned. "

i stopped to wipe my falling tears when i felt a hand patting my back, turns out it was jangmi, " your brother is a crybaby kyungmin, you should lend him a tissue, just look at him! "

" noona! you just ruined the emotional vibe! " i whined and huffed, removing jangmi's arm.

she just chuckled at my childishness and ruffled my hair, i mean do i look like a baby to her? like hello i'm an independent man, " you're just like a baby. "

" me, a baby? please i can take-"

jangmi coughed and interrupted my sentence, " flashback to that one time when you called me in the middle of the night, cause apparently baby nana can't open the door of the bathroom."

i wasn't expecting her to expose me like that, and in front of my family. and as much as i try to deny it, that did happen. but, i'm trying to man up and fix that.

i rolled my eyes trying to deny jangmi's words, " can we not talk about that? "

" alright mr.na," she just shrugged, " do you want to go back or still wait for him? "

" i want to wait for him, who knows if he will come, " i replied to my cousin, all these years in kyungmin's funeral day i've always asked jangmi noona to wait and see if jeno would come and visit his grave but sadly he never came. i didn't want to lose hope, maybe after getting my letters he would understand the situation and gather his courage to visit him. so i decided to wait and see with my own eyes, it'd been years since i've spotted his figure and i truly missed him.