╰┈ fourteen ( end )

not all stories end with a happy ending.
the song above is a piece of what i think jeno has gone through, listen if you want :))

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter thirteen...

and all it took for jeno to understand the situation were the tears evident on her eye and the constant racing of his heart. he understood that this was it, the nightmare he always wanted to avoided, the mirage he buried deep in his head. it was his race against time and faith.

what he just heard coming from jangmi's mouth was nothing but a bullet right through his heart, but he didn't care. not about the past, or whether it was kyungmin or jaemin. he just hoped that time would spare whoever was waiting for him on that hospital bed.

' it will be fine, it will be fine '

his foolish heart chanted continuously, a funny thing was that he could only hold on to a string of uncertain words. why? cause his cowardous self was once again too scared to face the reality.

too frightened to enter the building and face what destiny had left for him. but he shook his head still trying to drill it in his head that no, it couldn't be bad news.

the two rushed across the many many patients and the wave of crowded people. the empty rooms became a witness of the last of jeno and jangmi's hope,  and the hospital hall became the evidence of the two's race against time.

jangmi's footsteps came to a halt once she came upon room number 127 and jeno could only trail her path slowly, too scared to even follow her steps. he struggled with his breath as the color fluttered away from his ethereal face.

he caught the sight of jangmi, the female had her hand over her mouth, the waterfall of tears made its way down her hazel orbs. she lost her balance and her body met the harsh ground, she lied there screaming and shouting.

but her voice became muffled to his ears, he couldn't comprehend any words she said. he became tense, approaching the room—his long legs gliding in a slower manner. when the view of a body clothed with a white sheet of fabric came to his view, he still stayed tense. he drifted further and further away into the room, not a single tear flowing from his eyes. it was because he refused to let time take him away, he refused to bow down to the reality that was present in front of his eyes. he tried, he really did. but as much as he tried to push his expectations and held onto his fading hope.

the reality defeated him. it crashed into his senses.

and he wasn't able to surpass the sobs, as jeno followed jangmi kneeling on the ground helplessly, lifting the fabric to reveal the face he knew he would long for.

" j-jaemin? " jeno pronounced his name for the very first and last time, caressing his face after those unbearable long years. his trembling hands held jaemin's, in hopes to share his warmth for the very last time. so that his warmth would linger and send his love to settle in a much better place up there.

" rest well nana, you did well, " he smiled, there was apart of him that was still overwhelmed and a piece of his heart that broke after all he'd been through but he picked himself and learned from his previous mistake.

he closed his eyes and took the time, rewinding his childhood memories with him while still trying to contain his grief. he forgived jaemin, for lying, for being the main reason behind his suffering, for not telling him before time would take him away. and he thought if only time was patient enough to grant him the last moments to thank jaemin for everything memory he gave, for fighting and putting up a fight even if he ended up losing, for still trying to tell jeno about the truth through the letters. 

" i love you, " he mumbled with a settling smile, although he knew that he would get no reply. but jeno swore he heard a faint whisper deep down in his heart that whispered,

" i love you too."

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing ...
again, not all stories end with a japy ending. that's just how life goes too right, maybe in this one jeno and jaemin aren't destined to be with each other. at least both of them learned a few things from their life and they could find their happy endings with someone else, in different places. i hope you enjoy this work of mine, definitely going to miss writing some angsty chapters ≧ω≦, remember to stay safe stay strong and stay happy !! you deserve it :))