╰┈ two

━━━ (💌) chapter two

night fall came as its darkness acted like a blanket surrounding the city of seoul, and the presence of the darkness was soon followed by the rain who met the surface of the fertile ground. the mid-fall air mixed with the unpleasant scent of the rain, the gush of the winds lightly shaking the brown-looking leaves. the darkness was tranquil and calm, with the light sound of the rain serving as an ambiance.

but a korean who went by the name lee jeno clearly wasn't enjoying it.

one gulp.

another gulp.

a loud slam echoed across the hollow hallway of his small apartment, squeezing his hand which was already wrapped tightly around the glass was the only way to release the stress contained within him. the rain didn't sound like a calming lullaby to him, the wind only making his body tremble in coldness and the night was no longer providing him dreams, rather dreadful nightmares.

his heart became unsettle the second he laid his eyes upon the written words, his mind only leading him to the trance of memories he had always wanted to escape from. whoever had the guts to remind him of his unwanted pasts and him.

the emotional scar the past had left him pained the korean male, his head was aching every time an image of his smile would suddenly appear on the back of his head, " get out of my damn head! "

the only thing running past his tired mind was him, his fluffy and silky hair bouncing up and down, not to forget his orbs so blue—so much emotions contained in it. the slim figure of his body, from his long and flattering eyelashes to his unmatchable beam. it was always him, his best friend, partner in crime, best buddy, the donghyuck to his mark and most importantly his first love

" it's been 4 long years and i can't seem to move on, " jeno uttered out a bitter chuckle, as he continued to pull his hair in distress. not having his calming presence, his loud and annoying teasing for 4 long years was tearing the poor male apart. and when he thought he did, the letter came and crushed his effort of erasing na kyungmin from his memories.

with the damp liquid now trailing from his orbs, lee jeno's walls started to crumble down. he surrendered on the battle to defeat his thoughts, as his weak head only lied on the marble table. feeling his emotions rushing once again, the korean male choked on his sobs and cried his night out. fortunately, his body was done with the constant crying and decided to finally doze off.

 fortunately, he hadn't read the last sentence of the unknown letter. 

what if i told you? that the na kyungmin you have known this whole time isn't who you think he is 

- 💌 - 

" jeno, wake up... " a honey-like voice, one which he recognized a little too much, the only music which could lull him to sleep approached him.

he felt his head pounding like never before," min? " 

" holy gods of cheese, are you drunk ? i'm not a min, i'm a dolphin-"

jeno sighed and shook his head, hitting it lightly to regain his consciousness," yeah i know you."

chenle gazed upon the mess called lee jeno and scrunched his nose in disgust, " i'm here to bring you breakfast, jisung told me you weren't feeling well, so being the bestest-"

" yeah i know, put it on the table."

the annoyed chinese placed the bag filled with food on top of jeno's kitchen aisle, passing by to give jeno a gentle slap on the arm," ungrateful brat! if it wasn't for me then you would have st-"

he groaned and pushed his friend to the door, opening it while sending the fakest smile possible, " thanks, and you don't want to keep that park waiting right? so yeah bye! " 

finally shutting the door, he let out a deep breath— sliding down the wooden surface. he knew he was being ungrateful but all he needed was space and time alone, to deal with the mess he had created for himself. 

he stretched his arm hearing the crack created by his bone. another thing he knew was that he probably and most likely looked like a living zombie—and he was more than right, it was proven by the reflection of a male starring right back at him with large bags hanging from below his eyes (which looked redder and puffier than ever) and the strands of his hair sticking in opposite directions, not to mention his white crumpled shirt, which had his tears over it.

" gotta shower, " he mumbled, ruffling his messed up hair and entering the bathroom with brand new clothes and his towel.

after washing and cleaning his body, he felt much better though he was still trapped in his thoughts and thought about kyungmin every second. 

next, was feeding his rumbling stomach. he found the simplest things such as his daily routine as a distraction, prying him away from the tormenting thoughts of the past, showering took his mind away for awhile so he thought that food would be another distraction that would successfully work.

but his next move led him to fall even deeper into his thoughts.

because on top of the lunchbox that chenle packed for him, was another piece of paper.

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing ...
jeez, i feel terrible for jeno as a professional overthinker who overthinks every second it must be hard to get something off your mind. but hmm what will the letter hold and who sent it ?