╰┈ twelve

^^ if you want to get the feel then do play the playlist above !! warning! the first song is dear dream, so proceed with caution. also, didn't proofread this chapter so sorry for any typos!!

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter twelve...

na jangmi found herself on a gloomy sunday-when the scorching sun shielded itself completely behind the dark grey clouds. under the safety of an umbrella-protected from the descending raindrops, her legs walked the long wet path to the cafe. amidst all the unwanted droplets, there was one thing she scretly loved and could relate to. the unwelcoming weather suited the story of her life, just like the sun who was slowly drifting away-slowly transforming to the overcast darkness. so did the course of her life, there were days where happiness drifted away from her grasp, times where her life turned into the overcast darkness.

born and raised in the wealthiest family in town, ended up having to struggle with financial problems. she was only sixteen, when her parents left to a business trip with her uncle. she turned seventeen the next day, but their figures never returned to blow the candles with her.

the next years were nothing but grueling and exhausting for jangmi, her family's wealth vanished in the hands of her corrupted maid. she was kicked out from her own house with jaemin sobbing in her arms especially after being hit by the sad news of his brother and parent's death. the two had no where to go, the dark streets being the only thing welcoming them. as if it wasn't difficult enough, jaemin's disease worsened, she could only watch as her beloved cousin fought his own battle and this time she was the one sobbing-only able to pray and have a glimmer of hope.

education wasn't her priority anymore, she couldn't afford it and there were many other things she had to consider. so she had no choice, but to drop out and neglect her promising future. her main priority was jaemin, she didn't want to be left alone stranded in this horrifying world-it has taken everything, everyone she loved and ever cherished. if the world was going to take jaemin too, then jangmi would be left with no one, and living would be meaningless if she would have to walk her exhausting path alone.

she genuinely thanked her younger self for still putting up a fight, despite the weight she had to carry. part time jobs after part time jobs-working felt like the only thing she was doing. thankfully people still pitied her and willingly offered her multiple jobs. slowly but surely, with her efforts jaemin was able to receive his much needed medication from the hospital.

jangmi thought that hope had saved her, and it really did. it just didn't work the same for jaemin, whose hope started dimming.

his cousin confessed that he had done something dreadful, something unforgivable to his best friend and kyungmin. that night, jaemin spilled all about his twisted words, all the suffering he had created for jeno and the lies he casted to kyungmin. he told jangmi, that he wanted to mend his mistakes, but his words never came to reality because of jangmi who told him to focus on his health. once it had gotten better then jangmi promised, she would help him.

it took almost four long years of constant treatment for jaemin, jangmi didn't know why but apparently the treatment wasn't enough to restore his healthy physique instead it only weakened his body. in the last year, jaemin started sending letters to jeno in which jangmi took the role to send those letters but suddenly the doctor informed her about jaemin's failing heart and that they could only hope that time was in their side, jangmi didn't want to believe their words.

they had fought with all they possibly had, how was it not enough? was it really the end of the road for jaemin? jangmi didn't want to even question herself about that, her heart pained even more when hearing that jaemin lost all his hope, that he didn't want to fight anymore.