Broken Nails

(AN: yeah I know everyone hate these, but I want to adress something :D
you might notice the lack of description, POV switches and a quick timeline of events, this is because first of all, i heard people don't like long chapters and second of all, I want to try new things and not being stuck in writing long long descriptions, though I love doing it, it costs a lot of energy :) 
hope you don't mind the new style i'm trying, i not an expert in writing, i need to find the way I want to be writing!
enough of me, have fun reading the story!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--POV SWITCH--
I honestly didn't expect a fight to be formed so quickly, but promptly enough a cluster of five stood shouting, raising their voice to be heard. The rest of the people were just looking at the fight, talking to their friends about it and silently choosing sides, wisely not interfering with it.

When Bea, Rat and Bey left the Main with Birb, she returning without them, Khali and Clyve began involving themself. Khali claimed that Birb shouldn't have control, even though being the survivor of 10 dying friends, she wasn't the leader. Vaz stepped in to rescue her friend, but soon enough the reserved man Photon, who constantly was soundless, stood up and began agreeing with Khali, Birb looking at her longstanding friend in betrayal. Of course, Marie couldn't keep herself out of the discussion and so the argument began.

Artemis and Loki however were constantly giggling and having fun together, the pair sitting in front of the couch, not seemingly understanding the seriousness of the moment. I irritated me quite a bit of them, but kept it for myself.
Shortly enough, an old friend of me joined me on the couch, making Artemis and Loki break up their conversation and focus on the new figure on the couch. He basically just jumped on the couch saying nothing, watching the fight buried in pillows.

"What brings you here Cherry," I ask, not moving my position, only shifting my eyes with him.
Cherry scoffs, looking at me with phoney sadness. "Ghost, you are my old school friend, why can't I start a conversation with you?" He responded, his eyes dazed of into the room.

I shrugged, temporarily ignoring him, focusing on Foxxie and Weeboo joining the fight, the group volume of arguing growing by the second. Loki and Artemis looked at us with big eyes, or at least, Artemis did. Yet again I was looking at a dull black piece of fabric, unable to portray emotion.

Loki began braiding Artemis her hair, intertwining the smooth locks of mocha brown hair, golden highlights reflecting from it. It was almost hypnotizing watching Loki carefully interlacing it, a simple braid being formed with an ever-increasing smile.

"Hey Ghost," Cherry said after some while, jump scaring me out of my thoughts. "Isn't it kind of funny we almost went to Discord High, before enrolling to a different school?"

Detached, dizziness overwhelming me. I feel myself wandering away, focusing on a red cushion on the other side of the room. A numb sense, a touch that deems like I am just a sightseer in my own body.

A hand touch on my shoulder, Cherry looking at me with worried eyes, a replacement for the generally challenging look. I shake my head, shuddering the emotions out of my mind.

"Ghost?" he asks, genuine concern resonating through his voice.

I frown, acting like I never asked myself that exact same question, before responding with the answer I told myself for years. "I am happy I got the opportunity to live,"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--ORIGINAL POV--
Me, Bey and Rat were busy with the case of Peepo's murder. The two were upstairs, investigating any kind of sign of struggling, blood or hair. I heard the chatter and the melancholy footsteps of them, rapidly but carefully searching through the rooms.