The Truth Behind

Pure shock washed over my body, a numb feeling fleeing through my body. With my eyes widened I looked at the large TV screen that was showing Artemis her slow and brutal death, the horrifying sounds of the machine echoing through our iron town. Nobody even made a sound when the iron block hit Artemis, it was pure silent.

When the TV shut off and the lights went red, nobody moved. Nobody knew what to do. Everyone looked up to Birb for any words of a command, we wanted to be leaded. We all had no idea what to do, we needed someone to give us a purpose, to give us something we could do.

But Birb stayed silent, eyes looking down on the floor and fists balled in anger. I looked over to Ghost, the only thing they could show were tears. I wanted to comfort them but I was frozen to my place. I wanted to say something but I was too scared to break the silence. I just felt numb.

Artemis her death kept replaying and replaying in my head. The awful crunch of her bones breaking and her blood splattering from under the iron block, as if someone burst open a bottle of ketchup. It was awful it was awful awful awful awful awful

Stop, I said to myself in my head. It felt like it was going to bursting open any second, as if it couldn't take anymore thoughts. 

I looked over to the group, tears falling of their cheeks. I looked at all of them, except one. Loki.

I couldn't bare to look at them, at her broken figure on the floor. When Artemis was killed, the only sound was a thud. At the corner of my eye I saw Loki on her knees, face buried in her hands and her body shocking of her cries. It was horrible to watch, I couldn't watch.

I felt horrible for reacting so numb. Bey and Ghost were crying, everyone was crying, but I stood there numb. And I felt selfish for being so focused on me.

Clyve was the first one to move, he just walked away with his face pointed towards the floor and his hands in his pocket. After that, Yoda, Cherry and the other dudes followed him. Then the older people like Vaz, Photon and Foxxie walked away. Birb wanted to help Loki but Vaz ushered her away, saying something along the lines that Loki couldn't take much. 

Ghost walked away without saying something, hair covering their face. I reached my hand out to them, but I hesitated last second and Ghost was away before I could do something. Quickly after Bey waved me goodbye and I stood there with only Loki.

"Loki?" I asked them, the white haired wiping her cheeks and tremblingly standing up. "Are you okay?" I asked unsure. My heart was tugging me to comfort Ghost and Bey, but Loki needed me as well. 

"Listen," Loki said, pain showing through her words. "I'm slowly regaining my memory and I think the others are too," 

I almost stumbled back, I thought Loki was going to weep about losing Artemis, but this was something entirely different. 

"The high school story that was blown up? It's fake, it's something Waving thought off to make 10 dying friends seem more entertaining." Loki pressed against their temples, as if they were trying hard to remember things.

"There's this person that Waving hated from his core and he took something powerful from them." Loki said biting her lip in anxiety. "He took something that is not supposed to be in this world, something that can manipulate reality."

"How do you know this?" I stumbled over my words, looking at Loki in disbelief.

"I just know!" They said, raising their voice. "The story with his brother, Rulius, it made me relive memories, I remember it from the news." 

"Waving owns a book, it sounds stupid I know, but whatever you write in a chapter, you can make true. You can manipulate reality in a literal story, that's how he set up this gameshow."