That Killer Among Us

An old television is playing in the dark. The low whirring takes its role as background noises whilst the news is being presented. Normally the monotone sounds would be ignored, serving as a calming backdrop whilst the owner of the house was doing a chore or reading a newspaper. However, tonight was not the case.

"Dear Citizens of D'scird," the woman presenting the news said, her voice dropping from a humble tone to a deadly serious one. "Even though the president of our country promised that what happened a few months ago would never happen again, we are afraid that history has repeated ourself."

The woman drops quiet for a second, closing her eyes and focusing on what she is about to say. It is deadly inaudible; no cars can be heard and every child has been called off the streets. The whole city of D'scird has fallen silent.

"We still mourn for the nine victims of the murder, as well for the survivor that decided that life wasn't worth living anymore. The infamous game show murderer, however, has not been mourning. Yesterday evening, the police has confirmed that the nine missing persons have indeed been captured by a certain someone. That someone being in service of the game show murderer."

A blue sidebar shows up to the left of the woman, showing the whole audience a screenshot of a tweet.

"This morning, an account with the name "That Killer Among Us," has tweeted that a new game show will be launching soon, which can be watched at the same transmitter as the past gameshow,"

The woman falls quiet again, trying to stay focused at the same time as shiny silent tears fall down her cheeks.

"We ask you to stay on the watch for the following nine persons and pray for their survival whilst the police try their best to save them."

The woman disappears from the screen and makes way for the nine pictures of the missing persons.

Bea Queen

Artemis Ronpa

Rat Undeux

Cherry Voice

Weeboo Panda

Camo Deathgun

Khali Tenten

Peepo Becky

And Marie Phobe

"We hope with all our heart," The woman begins talking again when the pictures disappear for a second and show her face.

"That the events of the gameshow 10 Dying Friends will not repeat itself,"

--------------------------

372 words