Chapter 2: Cafe encounter

A/n: I'm sorry if the grammar's really bad >.< I'm now realizing that I'm not entirely sure how many people will see this story but may as well give it a go. 

DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are my original ideas for characters. They are all characters from the show Free! (an anime that I really enjoy and would suggest if you like Haikyuu hehe). Enjoy the chapter!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran around carrying out my errands, getting groceries and other goodies from stores. I finished around 5:00 o'clock, the point at which the sun had already begun setting. Before I started walking home I decided that I would stop at a local cafe to get a warm drink. Right in that instant, a gust of wind blew past me sending shivers down my spine. Talk about perfect timing.

When I walked into the cafe, the warm atmosphere welcomed me immediately. Only a couple of people and the workers were present. I walked up to the cashier and placed my order.

"And your total will be 3.45$. Will that be cash or credit?" he asked, his voice was so soothing.

"Cash please," I responded, looking down in my purse to search for the cash.

As I looked up and handed the cashier the cash, my eyes met with his. He looked to be about 5 feet 9 inches, only a couple inches taller than me. He seemed to be about my age 18 or 19. He had the most stunning amber eyes and greenish turquoise hair. He had the most genuine, sweet smile and his general presence radiated a welcoming feeling. As I was lost in thought, I heard him calling out to me, tones of concern in his voice.

"Miss, are you alright? Can I get a name for the order?" he asked, eyes fixed on mine.

"Uh yeah sure. It's umm y/n." I replied, kicking myself for messing up my own words.

"Perfect! Your drink will be ready shortly," he said with that wonderful smile of his.

I nodded and went to go find an empty seat. As I sat down, my face felt really hot and my cheeks were glowing pink. I sat there thinking for a moment as the cashier and his co-workers prepared my drink. I looked over to see the cashier and his co-workers.

"Asahi you're in the way," the turquoise-haired male said sternly.

"Oops, sorry" his co-worker with red hair replied, moving out of the way while muttering something under his breath.

The two began arguing when another co-worker stepped in the middle of their conversation and stopped them both then and there.

"Guys, stop it will you?" a brown-haired male with green eyes asked them nicely with a reassuring smile on his face.

I grinned under my breath when I heard the bickering of the baristas. Moments later, my name was finally called.

"Here you go, miss umm y/n. Sorry for the wait" the brown-haired male handed me my drink reading my name off of the side of the cup. His name tag read 'Makoto'.

"No that's completely fine! Thank you so much for the wonderful hospitality and serving me today M-Makoto" I squinted to read his name.

He gave a little laugh as a red blush crept onto his cheeks.

I grabbed my drink and headed towards the door bracing myself for the cold, spring night air that would soon be surrounding me for the next hour. I waved a short 'thank you' goodbye and left. I mentally prepared myself for the hour-long walk back home continually thinking about the encounter I had just had with the cashier.