Chapter 10

Chanel POV

        I couldn't keep my eyes off of Theo. He was still that gorgeous beast i stumbled upon the other day. Stephen looked back at me and smiled, holding me tighter by the waist. I waited for Theo's reaction but his face was numb. I could see Ansel mumbling something to him. Just then, I reached in for a kiss with Stephen. I kissed him really hard not because I love him. No. I wanted Theo to be jealous, and it worked significantly.

        I moved myself onto Stephen's lap, completely forgetting Theo is right next to me. I lean in, kissing Stephen and just as things were about to get serious, Shailene walked in.

        "Oh! Hey Shailene!" Says Theo, I could see he tried acting confident but he was so lost and scared. Just like I am.

        "Theo!" She quietely shouted and hugged him and I saw him place his hand really tight on her lower back. He's trying to make me jealous too.

        I took Stephen's hand and we stood up.

        "Chanel?" He asked, stopping me, pulling me in close.

        "Yeah?"
        "You're beautiful." He said, placing his forehead on mine. I really hoped Theo saw this. And he did. I bit my lip, just like I always used to do to Theo. Then, I softly pulled away, grabbing his hand once more and dragged him into the VIP lounge area.

        "Stephen, do you believe in love at first sight?" I asked, not because I'm in love with him. Not in a million years. But because I fell in love with Theo, and I still keep falling for him.

        "Of course. And guess what?" He said, as we sat on the lounge sofas he placed his hand on my thigh.

        "What?"

        "I Might be in Love With You."

        No. No. No. I don't love him. I feel horrible. I can't lie to him but I can't make him feel like shit either. Why am I in this dilemma at all? I need Theo. I need him.

        "I-I..." I tried saying the same thing but I can't. I can make out with, I can sleep with, I can do anything with anyone but I can't say I love you to someone I don't. He placed his hand on my chin, putting a little force on it to make me look at him in the eye.

        "You don't have to say it." I smile in return. I kept looking around for Theo, only to see a huge crowd of people. At least the VIP area wasn't too crowded.

Theo POV

        Chanel. I need her. Shailene walked up closer to me and we talked and talked and talked about the most boring and usual things ever. Ansel was hitting the dance floor, God knows what he's even doing. My eyes kept scanning for Chanel but Shai kept talking and talking and talking until...

        "Are you even listening?" She asked, demanding an answer. I gulped.

        "Yes. Yes I am." And then, my eyes caught the attention of Chanel. She was dancing with that buff douche. She was looking right at me and Shai. This was my moment. I quickly looked into Shai's eyes, leaning in close. "You're beautiful." I say, stroking her cheek. I felt her get warm.

        "Theo I never told you this, but I like like you. Ever since I met you." Wow. I really didn't want to hurt her feelings, but for now, I needed to make Chanel jealous. I quickly leaned in for a kiss, kissing her harder each second. I could feel Chanel's stare hitting me in the face. I just kept kissing her. I didn't love Shai but if I wanted to, we could have some nice chemistry.

Chanel POV

        There he was. That fucking jerk. He was kissing Shai. I should've seen it coming. I looked back up at Stephen who has holding me by my waist, standing behind me with his gentle hands hanging just below my stomach. Perhaps we could be happily together. Stephen and I.

        "I love you." He whispered in my ear, I tilted my head softly, smiling. I fully turned around, swaying to the soft music.

        "I love you too." I honestly didn't know if I meant it or not, but I said it. Half of me wishes Theo heard this but the other half just wants Theo to completely disappear. I pushed my body tightly against his, dancing to the music. I felt his heartbeat grow faster and faster. It wasn't that heartbeat I was used to hearing though, it was completely new.

        I kept looking out for Theo. He's such a fucking jerk but he's my jerk. I watched Shai flirt with him like crazy, Ansel getting all jealous. Emm! I let go off Stephen's grip and walked into the crowd, searching for Emm.
        Maybe things will get better if Ansel sees Emm again. I finally stumbled upon Emm. Atleast I thought so. I looked up to see a complete stranger, looking at me as if I was some peice of trash. I walked away, only to trip on someone's foot and as soon as I fell, I felt some strong muscular hands grab me by my waist, pulling my dress up a bit. 

                                                            Theo? Please tell me it was Theo.

        "Are you alright?" Said Stephen as he helped me stand upright again. I smiled at him. But he wasn't Theo.

        "Yeah, yeah... I um..." I was lost in my own words, everything on my mind right now was Theo and making sure that slut doesn't get to him.

        "It's okay Chanel. I understand you want to go have some fun without me guarding you all the time. It's just that after the incident I feel like you need to be watched all the time. Who knows if it'll ever happen again." He whispers, placing his hand on the side of my thigh which pulls my dress even higher up. Soon, he forcefully pulls it up, yet softly. I put my hand on his and pull it down. "Sorry..." He says again. I flatten out my dress again. 

        "It's fine." I whisper, looking down at my shoes and then to the side, completely skimming by his face which was only five centimeters away from mine and looked on the side. I saw Theo, Ansel, and Shai. At least that's what my eyes saw. And then, I looked at Stephen. "You know what? Go ahead." I said, placing his hand on my leg and leaning in for a kiss. Theo was looking. I needed to act cool. I was kissing him but honestly, he's so sloppy and gross. I pulled away, giving out a laugh.

        "Okay then..." He said, with an awkward face but then he smiled.

        "Hey um. I need to get going. I have things to sorta do here, it'd be great if you could stop following me too?" I wanted to give him a whole rant about it but who cares? 

                                                Just then, I tripped on something again.