Chapter 8 - Left Behind

Y/N POV
-
I slowly started to wake up, feeling the sun in my eyes. As I slowly sit up, I noticed that Richie was gone.

He's probably with the others. I thought as I got out of bed and went downstairs.

"H-hey y/n. Your up early." It's Mike. He seems a bit awkward after last night.

"Yeah. Where is everyone else?" I asked, sitting next to him on the couch.

"About that. We both need to go out and find something we have been leaving behind." Mike said, getting up.

"What..?"

"Yes, come on y/n, we don't have all day." Mike said getting up, walking us both to the door and locking it once we are outside.

"We all promised to meet at the library once we found our answer." Mike said. "Okay." We both split up.

"We need to find something we have been leaving behind." Mikes words replayed over and over.

I don't get it, what am I supposed to be looking for. I continue to walk, till it came to me..

FLASH BACK.

Y/n was in her room with her 'friend' Richie Tozier, playing video games while music played in the background. The two teens laughed at Richie's little jokes.

When Richie broke the small silence, he spoke quietly but loud enough for y/n to hear him.

"Hey, Y/n. I have a gift for you." Richie turned, still sitting on the floor, but faced the girl.

"Oooo, what is it?" Y/n leaned closer to the boy as he pulled a necklace out of his pocket.

"This. I kinda make it? The only thing I bought was the string.

Everything else was made by me." The boy handed the necklace to the girl.

The necklace had a small heart on it, with the letters

R + (insert your first initial)

Carved into it. Y/n smiled at the sight. "Thank you Richie. I love it." Richie smiled. "Do you want me to help you put it on?"

"Oh, uh, no.. I want to put is somewhere special so I don't lose it!" Y/n giggled. "I also want to give you something." Y/n spoke.

As she got up and went into her dresser, Richie cocked an eyebrow, curious to see what the girl had for him.

She sat back down, "Okay close your eyes." Richie whined, "I didn't make you close your eyes!" Making Y/n smile. He closed his eyes with his hands out.

He felt her put something in his hand. "Can I open my eyes now?" He asked the girl. "Yes you can." Richie then opened his eyes to see a bracelet.

It was a beed bracelet saying,

(Insert Your First initial) + R