Chapter 1

This story is completely fictional

Some honourable mentions:

~As I said this story is completely fictional, but also completely written by me! Currently in the process of rewriting this book, I might publish it all at the same time. If you have read the original version, I am NOT changing the story line, just the way in which it is written!

~There will be strong mentions of Alcohol use, Abuse, Self harm throughout this book, viewer discretion is advised.

~Clay's (Dreams) sister will be mentioned in this book quite a lot, her name is Chalie for the purpose of the story. If there are any new characters their names and roles will be stated appropriately.

~In addition, George's father plays a big role in the story, his name is Michael Davidson, I will mostly refer to him as Michael or Georges dad/father.

Georges POV:

7am, Friday morning. Another hellish week of school and any other shit to deal with nearly over, but not quite yet, but the world still spins, the sun rises and sets, so I must go on too. Get out of bed, stretch, brush my teeth and my hair, get changed, grab my bag. That's the average morning routine of a teenage boy these days, right? Next steps, tiptoe downstairs, avoiding any creeks and cracks in the floorboards I have memorised over the years, just to be hit with the stench of cigarettes and alcohol. This is my morning routine anyway. Today, my father is passed out on the couch, a cloud of smoke around him, ashtray right next to him, and surrounded by countless bottles of whatever alcohol he could get his hands on. Sometimes I'm even lucky to play a game of hide and seek or tag with him before school. It's a good day if I win, but we won't talk about what happens if he does. 

————

💚Lover Boy💚

Sorry I am late! Charlie woke up late again 😠
We are on our way right now! We will be 10
minutes hope that's ok! Ly x
Read at 8:04 am.

No problem baby, can't wait to see you!
Read at 8:06 am.

————

Ahh, Clay. My amazing boyfriend, my soulmate, and my saviour. After a short 10 minutes, I see his car pull into my street. I don't know if I love him or his car more. That 1960's Cadillac Eldrado really has a chokehold on me. I think it's that he looks so damn good driving it. God the dreams I've had of what we could do in that car, but I wouldn't want to ruin such a beauty. My favourite part is during summer when we get to drive to the beach with the roof down, the wind in our hair and his large hand on my thigh, moving higher and higher- I've got to stop, his sister is literally in the back seat, calm down George.

I slide into the passenger seat of the car, getting my good morning kiss on the cheek. This is the last part of my morning routine, by far my favourite bit. "Good morning my love" he says in his low husky voice. I'm starting to think he is the one who woke up late judging by that voice. "Good morning Mr Dreamy" I smirk back.

"Uh hello??" I hear from the back seat. "Good morning to you too Charlie! How are you?" I turn around, truthfully me and Charlie are quite close, and have been for a while. "Well, I would be better if I wasn't third wheeling right now."

Clay laughed pulling off, "I gave him a kiss on the cheek, calm yourself down, besides we all know you're the dirtiest minded one here, keep yourself in check."

She rolls her eyes, "I should've woke up for the bus. Anyway, Geroge are you straying over ours tonight?"

"Yeah I a- shit! I forgot to pack clothes!"

"Well, we can turn back now so you can go get some, we do have time." Clay says, holding my hand.

I give him a certain look, one only he knows, "No its fine, I'll manage." There is no way I want to risk going back there thank you very much. Clay doesn't press the situation anymore, just keeps driving, changing the conversation, not that I really listen though. The thing is, Clay knows that me and my father don't really get on, but not to the full extent. I am a very secretive and insecure person, but everyday me and Clay grow together learning new things as we go a long, I can only wish the things we learn will be positive as we continue to grow.

Clay turns on the radio to fill the silent air with the sounds of music and amazing voices. I lean my head on the window, tired as I always am. Seeming as school is a 20 minute drive away, he always lets me get some shut eye in his car before we get there. Charlie knows this unwritten rule too, so knows not to disturb me, as Clay has told her before,
'If George doesn't get his morning nap, God forbid what will happen to anyone who looks at him the wrong way.' I smile at this thought and peacefully shut my eyes to the calming music on the radio.

Clay's POV:

Just being able to glance over his delicate body when he sleeps, the golden Florida sun beautifully sitting on his skin. His ruby red lips and gorgeous brown hair, his pale skin that burns easily if he so much as looks up at the sky. I smiled at this sight every morning. I feel like I couldn't ask for a better partner in life than George. He's supportive, another level of adorable that so many people couldn't comprehend. The way he cuddles me in his sleep. The amazing advice he gives- the amazing kisses...

But alas, this was my least favourite part of the trip, getting to school and having to wake George up. I always made sure I did so in a soft delicate way not to startle him and put him in a bad mood for the day. Not only this but I knew that he never slept well anyway, he has nightmares a lot and he just doesn't sleep unless he is with me. He says he doesn't want to wake up screaming and annoy his dad, even I have seen how that ends and it's never good.

"Georgie" I whisper, brushing some stray hairs from out of his eyes, and kissing his cheek gently. At this point, Charlie has gotten out of the car to go meet her friends, which gives us come privacy. Theres still 10 minutes until the bell rings for first period, so I pull George over the seats to cuddle, and hopefully wake him up a bit more before heading to class. "Morning sleeping beauty" I say, putting my arm around him as he buries his head into my shoulder. "My love we have to go in soon or we will be late for class." I say rubbing his arm. "Do we have to go in?" He groans, still not opening his eyes. "Unfortunately, yes. But it's the last day of school for the week, and you're coming over mine, just think happy thought to get you through the day my love." Finally, he gets up, rubs his eyes, and brushes a hand through his hair. On that note I get out the car and grab our bags before he decides to go back to sleep.

Sadly, we weren't in the same classes, but I walk him to his class every morning, no matter which side of the school it is, nor if I pass my class on the way. 'Bye sweetie' I let go of his shoulder and sigh, I was going to see him in 3 hours' time, but it was still hard to let go and walk away to my class.

————
💙Lover Boy Goggy💙

Missing you already Dreamy..🥺
Read at 9:17 am.

Just 3 more hours baby until lunch my love, you can do this, 

I love you 💙

Read at 9:20 am.

Love you more..💚
Read at 9:22 am.

————

1343 words x

I hope you enjoyed the first edited chapter of 'Lover boys'! If you have read the original, please feel free to let me know what you think :)

As I said at the start, I will not change the story line but just add in some details and change the way it's written a bit to make it better to read.

I'm looking forward to rewriting the rest of this book!

~Ella <3