v

"Hey!"  Techno's usually low voice grew in volume, amplified by anger.  The boy huddled on the floor didn't look up, but the one standing above him did.

It was Leo.  His amber eyes were full of nothing but malice, cool and calm and collected.  "Oh.  Hello, Technoblade.  Want to join the fun?"  He gestured lazily at the boy, who was whimpering and trying to prop himself up.  Techno bristled.

"No, I don't.  On the contrary, I want you to back the fuck off."  Techno glanced down at the huddle on the ground.  On closer inspection, his hair was jet black. Well, half of it.  The other half was a snow white. He raised his head, making eye contact with Technoblade.

His eyes.

The biggest shock about this boys appearance was his eyes.  Mismatched in color.  One a bright green, the other a neon red.  The look was clearly unnatural, but by far not bad looking.  Techno turned his back on Leo and bent down, tightly grasping the boy's arm.  "Come on, get up.  You're okay."

"Ooo, standing up him, are you?"  Leo said, sounding as if he was bored of a game.  "Aw, I thought you would like to beat up some freshman.  Especially ones who look like that."

"Shut up."  Techno said, not giving Leo the grace of eye contact as he helped the boy up.  The source of the small pool of blood was pouring from his nose.  The boy had the back of his hand raised to it, trying to catch as much as he could.  His hand was covered in a white glove, the dull red staining it.  Techno lowered his voice.  "You okay?"

The boy nodded stiffly, closing his eyes in a vain attempt to relax through the pain of his clearly broken nose.

"No.  No your not."  Techno answered for him, half sarcasm and half sympathy.

"Hey.  I'm not done."  Leo lazily raised an arm, hand balled in a fist.  Techno noted that there wasn't any blood on his knuckles.

"Oh yes you are."  Techno gently supported the boy with one arm, the other resting on his hip.  "You didn't even use any dignity in this fight.  You, what, kicked him when he was already down?  No honor whatsoever."  With a quick glance at the small crowed surrounding them, he smirked and added, "Maybe you should find me during your off periods.  The least I can teach you is how to throw a semi-accurate punch."

Not the best he could have came up with, but whatever.  Leo's eyes narrowed and his hands balled into fists, but he inhaled and visually relaxed, letting his hands go limp.

"I might have to take you up on that."  Leo grinned lopsidedly before walking away, hands in his pockets, splitting the crowd, who was talking quietly.  Techno helped the boy, one arm latched securely around his waist as he limped along.  As they walked through the small crowd of people, Techno swore he felt eyes on him.

None of them interfered.

Why did nobody interfere?

He was clearly down and in pain.

Why didn't anyone help before me?

"T-thank you."  The boy whispered, so quiet that Techno could barely hear him.

"No problem, uh-"

"Ranboo."

Clearly an alias, but Techno could honestly care less.  At least he chose a good one.

"Technoblade."

"Good to know, good to know."  The kid, Ranboo, muttered to himself, his voice a little muffled by his gloved hand still trying to stem the blood flowing from his nose.