x

Here take a break from studying for finals💛

Not here.

Disappointing.

The room was neat and tidy- a PC dark on a large desk, paper and books strewn across it.  The bed was made, a large bear body with a small head looking stuffed animal was perched on it.  A few stuffed ferrets were placed at the foot of the bed, and a crown woven from flowers was hanging on the door.

No point staying.

I climbed the tree back down slowly.

---

Wilbur
Dream Eret's not at his house

Dream
You positive?

Wilbur
yes

Dream exhaled, cold fog misting around his nose- not sure if he should be relived or more anxious.  His mom had texted him, asking where he and his friends had gone.  Dream replied with a really bad excuse, just that they were going on a walk, but it seemed like his mom bought it.

One place down, literally forever to go.

His phone ringed.  Probably Wilbur again.  But it ringed again.  It's a call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, why's the door to your place locked?"

"Eret?!"

"Yeah?"

"Where are you?!"

"At your place.  The door's locked.  Can you unlock it?"

"Aren't you mad?"

"Of course I am."

"So why did you come back?"

"I just needed a walk.  To clear my head a little.  So I could actually have a rational conversation with you.  Without shutting down."

"I-"

"You're not home?"

"No!  Me and Wilbur were out looking for you!  We thought you'd ran away-"

"Why would I have any reason to do that?"

"You were mad, you were stressed-"

"Which is exactly why I went.  But I came back."

"I-"

"Look, it's cold out here.  Just come back and unlock this door.  Then we can talk, face to face."

The line went dead.

Well, at least we know where he is.

---

"Hey."

Eret glanced at Wilbur and Dream.  "Hey guys."

Dream averted his eyes and stepped around Eret, pawing at his pocket and drew out the keys, unlocking the door.

"How was your walk?"  Dream's mom poked her head around the living room wall.

"Good, thanks."  Eret smiled, scarily natural, before following Wilbur and Dream upstairs.