Comrades - Malum

"Woah..." Calum says as he crashes into someone else, another soldier. "Shit, man, I'm so sorry!" He apologises, helping up the other guy.

"Don't worry about it, I'm good." The guy says. "Michael."

Michael smirks and Calum chuckles, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall slightly.

"Calum. You new here?" Calum asks and Michael nods, looking away slightly.

"Y-yeah, I transferred regiments..." He trails off.

"How the hell did they let you do that?" Calum asks incredulously, because you're not allowed to switch regiments, no matter what unless you had a serious reason.

"Um, I-I d-don't know." Michael stutters.

"Okay, I'll see you around then, mate." Calum places a hand on Michael's shoulder and smiles warmly at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Mikey!" Calum calls out.

Mikey looks at him and smiles slightly before his face goes straight again.

He's seen Calum around for these past three months and they've talked a bit, become good friends.

"Hey, man." Mikey nods and hands Calum a beer, just like normal. They're sitting in the back of Calum's pick-up, watching the scenes around them.

"It's so nice here." Mikey says after a while, closing his eyes and resting his head on the back of the car.

"Isn't it nice everywhere?" Calum chuckles and Mikey's eyes open but they're glazed over with fear.

"Maybe." He just says simply.

"Mikey, why did you leave your old regiment?" Calum asks gently, shifting so he's sitting opposite Mikey now.

"I don't let people know a lot about me, Cal." Mikey hums, closing his eyes.

Soon he feels something playing with his hair and Calum is brushing the hair out of his eyes.

"I want to know about you." Calum whispers.

Mikey looks up at him and smiles softly.

"Maybe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"F-fuck, no." Calum hears a whimper coming from Mikey's room as he walks past at 3am a month later with a glass of water.

He puts the water down and slips into Mikey's room, kneeling by his bed and gazing at the boy lovingly.

He's come to terms with his feelings for Michael now.

"Mikey?" He says softly, brushing his hair out of his beautiful eyes.

Suddenly Mikey awakens and sits bolt upright, panting heavily and covered in sweat.

"C-Cal, oh my god." He whimpers as sobs heave his body. Calum scoots closer to him and Mikey rests his head in Calum's neck, hugging him tightly.

"Woah, easy Mikey, it's okay. What happened?"

"I was raped, I was raped." Mikey sobs, repeating it quietly.

"It was only a dream, you're fine." Calum tries to soothe him.

"No, Cal, I'm not, it's not f-fine. That's why I'm here. It wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare, a memory." Mikey whimpers.

Michael feels Calum get up and his door slams. And, shit, why did he say that? And why did Calum leave?