Chapter 7 - Peace at last

I opened my apartment door to reveal my brother.

My expression contorted into confusion. I couldn't think of any reason why he would come here.

The holiday was over and classes had fully started. Christmas and new year was..........eh.........it wasn't bad. Between trying to escape crazy plans with Cam and Spence and tolerating my mum, I had a little bit of fun but one thing kept bugging me. Something that was inevitable.

You wouldn't believe that mum kept bringing up that boyfriend and marriage thing over and over again despite my reaction anytime she says it. She just can't take a hint.

Spence and I came back to LA just a week ago which is the major reason why it's surprising to see Cam standing outside my door.

He grinned at me. "Will you keep staring at me like I've grown three heads or will you invite me in?"

I wordlessly stepped aside and allowed him enter.

"I never thought there would be a day when I'll make you completely speechless." He laughed but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Shut up." I muttered.

"There is my sis. Why are you so surprised to see me?"

"Is that even a question? We were in new York just over a week ago and now you're in my apartment in LA. Of course I'll be surprised and also suspicious about your visit."

He sighed which confirmed my suspicion that something was wrong.

"Why is it so cold in here?" He asked.

"The heater is broken but I've called for a repair man." I replied.

"Where is Spencer?"

"She went grocery shopping. She'll be back anytime from now."

He hummed.

"Cam is anything wrong?" I asked concerned.

"I'll wait till Spencer gets back. Do you have any snack?"

I was worried now. He just avoided my question.

"There are cupcakes in the fridge." I answered.

He immediately went and took one.

"Wow......this is so good." He moaned.

"Yh," I grinned. "I really did well." I smirked.

"Hah....." he laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean hah?????"

"Oh Raven, you can't cook to save your life. Or maybe you can. The killer will surely die from food poisoning after eating anything you prepare, then you'll be free. Spence definitely made these."

I fake glared at him before bursting into laughter because he was totally right. "Hey, I helped." I pouted.

"Alright," he raised a brow. "What exactly did you help with?"

I tapped my chin for some seconds pretending to think about and answer. "When she was mixing the dough, I helped her get the mixer and even ploughed it in for her." I grinned.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head as we both laughed.

"OMG, am I going crazy or does Rav really have a guy in the house?" Spence shouted from the doorway.

"Yh, she does." Cam said and turned.

"What took you so long?" I asked and took some grocery bags from her.

She ignored me.

"Cam, what are you doing here?" She asked, her expression mirroring the same one I had when I saw Cam.