Everything Seems Pretty... Normal?

"Every action has its own and opposite reaction..."

This is the line we had learned and always listened to in our childhood. I  guess kind of it is actually true.

Josh and I have been married since one year. Everything seems pretty fine I guess? We don't spend a lot of time together, we work throughout the day and lastly meet at evening. The time when we are together, he helps me with cooking and cleaning. I don't have to do things alone. I don't even have to ask him for help, he does everything himself.

In case of talking, we do talk about our jobs, our days, our ambitions, our accomplishments, our excitements for various things, but we don't really have any actual conversations about any topic or any light-hearted peaceful fun conversations about what we love.

We don't have that kind of bonding with each other to have those kinds of conversations or moments. We don't have that passion. A marriage without passion, great isn't it?

If you guys are wondering how we ended up like this, then let me take you all to a flashback.

Flashback

"So you really want to do this? Are you sure?"

"Yes dad, I think it will be best if we get married. We both want to have a family and prosper in our lives."

"But are you two really sure? Will you two be able to work this?"

"I think we do. There will not be much scope for problems I think. Isn't Josh?"

"Yes, I agree," said Josh nodding his head.

This conversation was going on in our living room in my home. Josh and I know each other since three months, we met each other in a bar where he came with his colleagues, and we started having casual conversations, then we started to meet at weekends, we have dated since then. Over 10 days ago, we decided to take the next big step in our lives. We decided to marry.

We both want to prosper in our lives. Maybe it's the right thing to do for me, because since childhood, I knew success is the most important thing in life. My parents always pressured me in studies, so after school, I always had the ambition for success and achievements. I became a successful entrepreneur at the age of 23, and maybe it was the time for the next accomplishment in my life. As for Josh, he wants to settle down too. He is ready to take the next big step in his life and starting a family.

Josh doesn't have that much good relations with his parents. They live in Boston, miles away from here in Chicago. Josh told me that they said it's totally upto him who and when he wants to marry when he last called them on phone.

"So you will take care of my daughter forever?", asked my dad looking at Josh straight with a pale smile.

"I assure you that I will take great care of her for the rest of my life. You don't have to worry at all about it," said Josh in a genuine tone and face.

"I hope you will provide all the necessary love, care, comfort, help, understanding and support to my daughter."

"I will. I will do everything I can to make sure she is happy and safe," said Josh in a reassuring tone.

"Well then, I guess it's upto you two then if you two want to marry. Whatever your decision is, we will stand by that," said dad finally with a sweet smile.

Josh and I both smiled at dad's confirmation. Well maybe we were rushing at that moment, because naturally it will feel a bit early to marry someone whom you know since three months. But I really wanted to achieve this to prosper in my life. Josh always seemed to be helpful, seemed understanding for me, and he also wanted to marry, to get settled and raise his social status, if not for anything else....

End of flashback

Sometimes we get so much engrossed and ambitious in our success, that we forget all the other necessary things. Josh really seems understanding and considering in front of me, but does he really understand everything about me? Does he really believe in my every opinion about things? Do we really have same beliefs?Is he really....real?

I don't think so