Chapter 5

As Enoch walked through the busy streets of London he couldn't help but notice that something was off. A fair maybe? No. People wouldn't be dressed in rags for a special occasion like that. He glanced at Amelia to check that she was alright. Her jaw was wide open and she was stuttering.

"Excuse me ma'am but- but is this what I think it is?" she looked like she was about to throw up.

"Yes miss Abrahams. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe your grandfather used to live in a loop, not much different to this one here. He told you stories about it. Am I right?"

"Yes you are. Then if you are who I think you are then-" A ghostly look took over her face.

"I am Annie Jay and yes. I am your grandmother."

Enoch stood in shock, knowing that  Amelia's grandmother had left her family right after her last son was born causing her grandfather to bring up 5 kids on his own and finding it hard to re-marry. 

The question on both of their minds however, was how the old woman was still alive. The life expectancy at this point was around 50 years old and this woman must have been born well over 70 years ago if she was Amelia's grandmother.

"This is no place to talk, out in the open. Come into the house where you can meet the other children and I can explain to Mr O'Connor here about time loops. And the whole of pecularidom of course, but that may take a long time. Chop Chop!" she clapped her hands and started walking rapidly through the crowd; Enoch and Amelia struggling to keep up.

As they turned a sharp corner they came to a halt outside 34 Goodsworth lane, a four story building with cries of glee coming from the open windows. Miss Jay opened the blood red door to a long corridor with bright yellow walls. 

"Now, the children will obviously be excited at your arrival so I must ask you to come straight to my office down the hall," the two nodded.

"First things first. Mr O'Connor, as of five minutes and twenty seven seconds ago, you have entered a time loop," she exclaimed," Time loops are only possible because of people like myself, ymbrenes. We can manipulate time to make the last 24 hours repeat themselves, causing safety for my wards and the luxury of never growing old. Unfortunately, I made this loop on a day when I had a very bad zit. It hasn't been gone for at least twenty years, but that doesn't matter. What matters is you Enoch O'Connor, you are my loop's first dead riser!" she smiled enthusiastically. He scowled back.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's your peculiarity duh. You can rise the dead." A teenage girl stood in the doorway of the office, her arms crossed and her eyebrows furrowed. "Miss, you said you were only going out for one person. I see two."

"Ah yes Sasha! You see, times are changing," she smiled a big toothy grin and popped a piece of chocolate in her mouth," times are changing."

*-*

Thanks for reading this chapter x

Any feedback is appreciated :)