Chapter One: Nightmare (Part Two)

Avalon’s Point Of View

 ”Avaya?” He asks as he walks in, sounding afraid.

“Go away.” I whisper, wrapping my two-toned wings around my body tightly.

“No.” Sam growls out and approaches me slowly.

“Sammy, go away.” I snap, throwing my arm out towards the door. 

The dark haired man is thrown up against my wall, groaning loudly in pain. My eyes widen, the Grace flashing through them as I am up, immediately in front of him. Sam looks up at me from his position on the ground. I place two fingers on his forehead and heal him. The moment I am done, Sam wraps his strong arms around me, whispering that he loves me over and over again into my hair. 

“You are an angel?” Akira asks from the doorway.

“Yes. She is an archangel.” Castiel explains and my wings fold behind me in shame.

“Sorry.” I whisper.

“You’re a freaking angel Avalon! Why are you so ashamed?” My best friend asks.

“Because I’m a monster.” I spit and feel tears welling up in my eyes.

“No you aren’t!” They all cry before I feel something licking my face.

My eyes snap open and I look down to see Sam’s arm wasn’t draped around me. It was a dream- no a nightmare. I’m human. Sam isn’t real; angels aren’t real! I’m an atheist for crying out loud! I look around, trying to figure out what had been licking me. Then a ball of white and orange fur catches my eye. I squeal at the sight of my two boys.

“Jasey Rae?” I ask when I realize my smallest kitty was missing. A familiar and soft meow answers.

“Here baby girl.” I say, patting my pillow, which is her favorite spot.

The darling white cat hops up from the floor, and curls up by my head. She licks my earlobe affectionately and I nuzzle her with my cheek, churring slightly at her. Jasey Rae, my beloved baby, closes her pretty blue eyes and goes to sleep. I glance over to the two remaining cats, Jack and Uriah. The oldest one, Jack, meows and crawls over to me, snuggling up to my hip. I smile as Uriah- my orange kitty jumps on my chest and sprawls out on my upper body, just as my phone starts to blare the song Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab, my alarm. I groan as my cats start to fall asleep. 

“Uriah! Get off of me! I have to get up.” I tell him and he obliges, rolling off me and onto his brother.

I jump up, and start to get ready for art school. My long hair, being the color of a pumpkin at the moment is brushed out and put into a hasty ponytail. I add a Bring Me The Horizon bow to keep my bangs from falling into my eyes. My paint splattered black skinny jeans are soon pulled on. I quickly slide on a Nirvana tee and some socks. Next I slip my black high-top Converse on and grab my morning lemonade Rockstar from the refrigerator.

I put some food in my cats’ bowls, and then grab my phone and Hello Kitty bag. Time for art school! I open my drink and begin to sip at it as I walk to my first class- advanced realistic drawing. I know I am going to be early, so I could take my time. Usually I am the first person there, and the last person gone. My phone starts to buzz, making my eyebrows knit together as I answer it; nobody ever calls me. Mama and daddy have been dead for years- my siblings too, I have no friends. My foster parents, died months ago, same way my family died- in a house fire. Nobody has my number except a few people from back in Baltimore; most of them don’t even talk to me anymore.