Chapter 15 - Sleepover

Once the sun started to set, everyone started heading out. This was supposed to be a day scene with high sun, so when that sun lowered, it was the end of the filming day. I sat on a bench on a sidewalk with Doug, and we watched everyone hustle about. Elvis was nowhere to be seen.

"Wow, what a day!" Doug enthused. "I have information that is like gold! The same with my pictures! Man, now I know why your articles got so popular!" He looked over at me as my eyes jumped everywhere on the set. "Daisy?"

"What?"

"Did you hear me?"

"Yeah, I'm just..."

He knew what I was doing. "I don't see him. Maybe he left?"

"Without saying goodbye? He would have said at least that, considering..."

I stopped. Doug didn't need to know about that conversation in the hallway. "Wait, considering what? Did you talk to him?"

Might as well. "Yes, I did, but it wasn't me who started it. I had to get away for a few minutes since I couldn't take looking at him. It was torture. I ran off into one of the buildings and he followed me. We... talked."

Doug's face lit up. "Oh my, you didn't just talk, did you? What happened?"

I nudged him in the arm. "Nothing that you're thinking about. Look, we really just talked. The band outside and people walking in and out that hallway preventing anything to happen, aside from talking. Well..." I recalled those mind-muddling cheek kisses, and that kiss in that dressing room set. The man knew how to kiss!

"Well what?" Doug asked slyly, leaning in. Yes, he didn't need to know the details.

"Just talking, Doug. I found out that after he first read my article, he was taken aback a bit, but thought it would be a good idea to print it since... we can't be together unless things change."

"So he caught on to why you wrote it? Smart man."

"It was easy to figure out. The readers probably have."

"So, what are you two going to do?"

"What else? Wait."'

He creased his brows. "Wait? You two aren't going to in a secret relationship?"

Those kisses came to mind again and the way he smirked at me whenever I caught his eye as he sang and when he was doing the other scenes out there in the street and I watched on. "Maybe we already are. I'm not really sure. I just know that we can't be a full item because of my work and his."

Doug let out a sigh. "You're sure in a pickle."

"That's what my roommate said."

"She's right. But—you have the love of a star. I bet every woman in the nation is jealous of you."

"I know they are."

We watched as the crew and extras bustled about. Someone came up to us. "Miss Miller, Mr. Fuller."

"Mr. Kanter," I said. "Are you heading out?"

"Not for a while. I need to find my star."

"What? You can't find him?"

"Hey," Tony said as he came up to us and looking at me. "Have you seen Elvis? I can't find the boy anywhere."

I stood up, now realizing why he was really nowhere to be seen. "Elvis is missing?"

"Yes. He was over talking with the band about twenty minutes ago, but now, I can't find him. He has some people to talk to."

"And I'm one of them," Mr. Kanter said. "The boy probably went off talking with some girls on another street or something."