Chapter 13: Emotional

(Picture: sorry that the picture sucks but it's the dock and Eden's play guitar)

Chapter 13: Emotional

Eden's P.O.V

I walked over to the ledge of the dock. I took my flip flops off and put my feet in the water. It was warmish but it tickled and it felt nice. I started strumming my play guitar not my performance guitar.

I was playing random tunes. I started singing disney songs. It was funny. It reminded me of my sister Rose. Memories of her and I singing the disney princess songs when we were younger.

I didn't really notice I started crying. It happens sometimes with out noticing, it's because I'm so in the moment.

"Woah," I heard a deep Australian accent.

"Oh?!" I jumped. I can't believe I said that. I grabbed my phone. "I didn't realize you were there,"

"Why is a pretty girl like you crying," Luke asked.

"It's no reason, sorry why are you here?" My phone answered, I started thinking I was being followed.

"I always come here to get away and I know you're lying," Luke started being a pain.

"I don't want you to know, its kinda personal," I typed in slowly.

"Are you on your period?" He laughed.

"Ugh I hate it when guys use that against me," I started to get annoyed when I keep typing words in my phone.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"It's like us girls have to wake up in a pool of blood once a month, it's like do you want to be in a pool of blood yourself?" I was aggravated when I heard my phone.

"Woah bad girl," he laughed.

"Actually I think you got some good girl in you," he said while I laughed at him.

"Oh yeah?" I typed

"Yeah, I heard you singing some disney songs and you were crying to them, you gotta have some heart," he nudged me.

"Mm nah, I have a wall actually," I heard my phone say.

"Nah you have a broken heart, I can tell," he said and I started to tear up.

"I don't want to talk about it," I looked back to my guitar. Sadly.

"Actually you don't talk period love, your phone does it all for you," he looked at my phone with sympathy. "You don't have to talk about it right now," I smiled at what he said. Love. He called me love. I smiled a little bit more. What a dork he is.

"Thank you," my phone said.

"That's a beautiful guitar, absolutely stunning," I looked at my guitar.

"Oh thank you, I custom designed it, it was something my sister always wanted an-" I stopped my phone mid sentence.

"Oh you have a sister? When Calum was researching you guys, he didn't mention you having a sister," he stated.

"Had," is all I said. Why do I speak at the weirdest times.

I went to walk away but he pulled my arm. I looked up at him.

"I didn't mean to hurt you in any way Eden," I stared at him and then smiled.

"I understand," my phone said.

"Do you want to possibly hang out?" He asked. I shrugged and he put his arm over my shoulders.

"Can I see what you're writing?" He asked and I looked up at him. His smile looks so amazing, it makes me want to burst into a million flames. I looked down to my journal. I thought about it.

"I don't know..." This electronic sort of sound went off. I looked around at where we're walking and it's in a little field. I guess I can show him this one song. I shrugged again.

"It's okay you don't have to," he said and I smiled at him and opened my song journal.

Then the summer wind blew and the paper flew out of my journal. I placed my guitar and journal down and we raced for it. Laughing like total idiots.

"If you can find it you can have it," the electronic sounds rang in my ears.

He caught ahold of the piece of paper and read what was written on it.

I knew exactly which song it was. It's called Broken Home. I walked back to my guitar and journal and smiled at him.

If he doesn't figure it out what's going on with me by then, then I don't know why will.

I hummed the tune of the song that I let him have. I remember all the words to it too. Like it was tattooed to my brain.

He would yell, he would scream, he was fighting it out
I would hope, I would pray, I was waiting it out
Holding onto a dream
While I'm watches these walls fall down
Sharp words like knives, he was cutting me down
Shattered glass like the past, it's a memory now
Holding onto a dream
While I'm watches these walls fall down

Hey dad, can I please call you that?
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home, this broken home

Wrote it down on the walls, I was screaming it out
Made it clear, I'm still here, are you listening now?
Just a ghost in the halls
Feeling empty, they're vacant now
All the battles, all the wars, all the times that you've fought
I'm a scar, I'm the bruising, I'm the pain that you brought
There was life, there was love
Like a light and it's fading out

~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~