Chapter 4

Kiah woke up with a familiar pounding in her head. She refused to open her eyes as she could already feel the rays of sunlight angrily pushing against her eyelids, bathing her sight in red. Pain was definitely expecting her once she did open them. Her mind remained blissfully empty and surprisingly calm for a few short moments. Then, as if with a switch, she was bombarded with memories of the previous night. What really made her heart sink to her stomach, however, were the things she didn't remember. Her eyes shot open, causing her to immediately groan in pain. Nausea settled in the pit of her stomach and she tried to suppress the need to empty its contents right then and there on the bed. On the bed....with another person in it. With Lonnie in it. 

What the fuck did I do?!

 Kiah got up and hurried to put on some clothes she found on the ground. Her hands trembled -  a telltale sign she definitely had too much to drink the previous night. Her brain tried to recall how many exactly, but it was all a blur after the fourth one. 

Why do I always do this??

 She couldn't help but berate herself for letting her drinking get out of control yet again. Making an idiot of herself in front of Lonnie was humiliating. All the things she might have done...her gaze fell on the sleeping girl and Kiah couldn't decide whether she even wanted to know. 
 Pushing her feelings of dread and anxiety down, Kiah looked for her phone. The room was a mess with random pieces of clothing covering the floor. Kiah wanted to slap herself for inviting anyone over when her room looked like that. 

I've made a spectacular impression 

 She chuckled despite herself and finally managed to find her phone underneath a pile of clothes. The clothes she had worn the previous night. Its screen was cracked even further, making it almost unusable. 
 Kiah could make out a message...from Cate. Mixed feelings ran through her. She was angry with Cate for daring to text her again after acting the way she had the last time they saw each other, and then for ignoring her for so long. But she also felt that unmistakable flutter of her heart. The actual message was hidden underneath a particularly cracked section of the screen. Kiah unlocked her phone and went to open the messaging app, only to find she couldn't. She angrily tapped on the little icon but to no avail. Kiah wanted to throw the phone against the wall but she decided against it and instead kicked her wardrobe in a surge of anger. This, apparently, woke up Lonnie who stirred up with a confused look on her face. 

"Kiah?"

 She muttered questioningly. Kiah didn't know what to say so she just stared. The duvet that was covering Lonnie while she was sleeping was now thrown to the side and Kiah realized the girl was in her underwear. Her dilemma must have been written on her forehead because Lonnie looked at her half-naked self and hurried to assure Kiah

"Oh, this? We didn't do anything, don't worry...although you were very insistent."

 Lonnie laughed a little. Kiah wanted to sigh in relief but could only cringe at the image of her drunk self being all over Lonnie. 

"Sorry. I guess I might have had a bit too much to drink." 

 With some hesitation, she decided to ask what exactly had led to the two of them sleeping in her bed half-naked. 

"We got here from the bar and, uh, you drank some more. I tried to stop you but you insisted and so I let you. Then all of a sudden you became very affectionate? It was such a sudden switch I was left hella confused" Lonnie laughed "And then you stared, you know...telling me to take off my clothes and stuff.." the girl hurried through the sentence, not really wanting to make herself or Kiah any more uncomfortable "And so I did, but nothing more happened. Don't get me wrong I want you, but not like this. You were way too drunk and it just would've been wrong to take advantage of you like that, you get me? So I led you to your bed and you passed out nearly instantly anyway."