Episode 1, Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Unlike the rest of us, sex, lies and scandal never take a vacation. Instead, they take the Long Island Expressway and head east. To the Hamptons. Some would say summer is their busiest season. Think Park Avenue. But with tennis whites and bain de soleil. The players change, but the game remains the same.

"I think you should go now."

"Come on, we haven't spent any time together all summer," Puck complained to the older brunette.

"I'm not kidding. This was a mistake."

"That's what you said last time," Puck attempted to distract with kisses on her shoulder. She shrugged him off and slid closer to the edge of the bed.

"It was a mistake then too," she replied and sat at the vanity in her black lingerie and steel grey thin robe. [3x07] She looked at herself pensively. "Isn't there someone else closer to your age that you'd rather...?"

"I'm not interested in anyone else," he said defensively.

Honestly, he'd spent the summer months chasing Shelby Corcoran to put his mind far away from the only other person who kept any part of his heart: Quinn Fabray. Once she told him she was heading back home to Ohio at the end of the wedding weekend, he'd made a fairly irrational decision to follow her. He had never asked about Shelby's family. She wasn't the type to keep photos of her kids around so it took weeks before he discovered who she was. It bothered him for only about a minute before Puck processed the information and was still 100% enamored. She'd kicked him out of her home more than once insisting that she was done, but he just booked a room at a luxury hotel nearby and showed up again a day or two later.

***

Meanwhile, Puck's father, Mr. Puckerman, and his new wife, Carole Hudson-Hummel Puckerman, spent most of the summer in Naples for an extended honeymoon. Finn went with his mom for the first couple of weeks and stuffed himself with all the wine and pasta he could before becoming bored and isolated. Thankfully, he was able to return home for football training practice. He was in a perfect position to begin training as the new QB for the William McKinley team.

***

Spotted: Quinn Fabray at Charles de Gaulle, homeward bound. What could possibly make Queen Quinn abandon France before Labor Day? We bet Noah Puckerman wants to know. Also spotted: Kurt Hummel on Cooper's Beach. Alone again.

Quinn carried a small travel purse on her arm as she waited in the open lobby of the airport. She wore a vintage bright blue sleeveless blouse and brightly patterned Hawaiian style maxi skirt. [Afternoon delight] She decided to leave a voicemail for Kurt.

"So, I'm at the airport, finally. I'm ready to get back to New York already. The summer was fabulous, and I'm feeling refreshed for the first time in months. I really hope you're not still moping on the beach. Oh, and I'm also bringing home a surprise, and thankfully, it isn't a Pekingese," she smirked confidently before hanging up her phone.

***

We've heard talk that things are heating up with Blaine Anderson. And where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But if that's the case, why has Blaine fallen right off our radar and Kurt is always sighted solo? Wonder what he'd do if he knew Lonely Boy wasn't so lonely anymore.

Blaine was thoroughly and completely obsessed with one person: Jeremiah.

The two had gone for coffee twice on two separate occasions. Blaine just knew that if the older boy knew how he felt about him, then they could be boyfriends. He was working on the perfect plan to win his heart. He needed something grand and bold. Nothing ordinary would do for the lush, dark blonde male who Blaine was crushing on.