The Ember Prince

"Your highness, we've received word that the ship holding the general has been burned down. Survivors were reported to be seen landing in the Earthen Kingdom." The man delivering the news bows curtly before the Ember Prince.

"Ready me a ship, the fastest one we have," the young prince says, vengeance and fury illuminating his features. "I'm taking back my general. I won't let him be mutilated and tortured by those bastards."

"Yes, your highness."

The woman next to him scoffs silently. "You think you'll be able to kill her now? She was within your grasp and you let her escape, nephew. Besides, you're the heir to the throne, your uncle, the king, will expect you to not make haste decisions."

The Prince clenches his jaw before answering, "I will admit that I doubted for a second in the battlefield. Even her lion beast seemed like an insult, one that I cannot tolerate. I will avenge my family, and I will not hesitate a second time."

"Let us hope that you don't, for the sake of the Kingdoms. And try to not be discovered, while you're there, we wouldn't want our relationship with the Earth Kingdom to sour," the woman emphasizes.

"If the spies are right, then we are already at war with the Earthen Kingdom as well, and it's a risk I am willing to take." He strides out of the tent, his lion close on his heels.

Outside, he takes a deep breath, looking at the night sky, illuminated with thousands of stars. As he breathes out, his lion nudges him slowly. He pets the Celestial, letting his fingers run through his mane.

"You couldn't do it either, huh?" the Ember Prince asks him. A small part of him wonders why he wouldn't. Perhaps trickery and sorcery from their enemies. No matter, he'll end all this soon enough.

Moments later, he walks on the ship, ready to let havoc run, and to save his friend.