4.

"Do you wanna go exploring?" I heard a deep voice behind me.

"AHHH FUCK ME!!" I screamed out in fright. I turned around to see a red faced Ryan.

"Ya know, I would but we just met." He did not just say what I think he just said, did he?

"Sure I guess but huh?" I gave him a quizzical look.

"Let's go exploring now, and yes you heard me correctly." Ryan looked away trying to hide his blush, but he didn't try hard enough.

"Is that a blush I see?" I heard him giggle.

"No. Are we going exploring or not?" He said with hope in his voice.

"I'm ready if you are, and I think that was a blush I saw." I nudged his shoulder.

"Whatever." He smiled and walked faster into the sea of trees and bridges.

*** a little into exploring ***

"I have to show you something." Ryan said but keeping his focus forward. I looked up at him and he met my gaze. "I got done with it yesterday so it would be ready for when you showed up."

He's making it very hard not to fall for him.

"You're so nice... to me." tears started flowing down my face. No one has made me feel like I'm worth something other than my mom and I honestly don't know how to feel.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset. I'm sorry." Ryan rushed out apologetically.

"It's...ok I'm the one...being a baby." I said between shaky breaths.

"We're almost there, we can talk about anything you want when we get there, how does that sound?" I nodded and continued to walk the maze of bridges. I was so wrong about him, I'm going to have to apologize to him when we get to wherever we're going. I took a few more steps then suddenly I slammed into something hard.

"Ow, shit."