𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

After going out for food we all somehow end up back at our house. When Jesse said we'd be going back to someones house I didn't expect it to be ours. However I'm not going to complain and come across as the miserable WAG.

"Why don't we liven this party up?" I say looking at Jesse as I dig a bottle of tequila rose out of the kitchen cupboard completely forgetting I have work tomorrow.

"You Mrs Lingard are a bad influence!" Jesse says as he pulls me into his arms. We've both had a fair bit to drink and I've noticed Jesse is a lot more handsy when he's like this. This is actually the first time we've had a drink around each other since Las Vegas and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

"Oh Mrs Lingard now is it?"

"It's your name isn't it or am I missing something?" Jesse asks as I pour out a load of shots.

"No it's my name it just feels surreal hearing it" I say holding a shot glass up for Jesse to take "cheers" I say tapping my glass against Jesse before downing the shot.

"Get used to hearing it because I think you'll be hearing it a lot more often" Jesse says as he pulls me back into his arms "you're a remarkable woman Rachel"

"Am I?" I ask looking up at Jesse ignoring the commotion happening around us as everyone helps themselves to drinks.

"Of course you are. You married me on a whim and since then you've just taken everything in your stride. I know I'm not easy to live with but here we are six months down the line and you're killing it" listening to Jesse I smile. The last few months haven't been easy for either of us but I know we're getting each other through this.

"I couldn't do it without you. We're a team Jesse Lingard and I can't exactly say I'm unhappy. It's nice to come home after work and have someone there" I say with a shrug "when we first moved in together I expected to go back to my place as much as I possible but I don't feel the need to do that. You've cracked my heart of stone"

"I'm pleased I've had that effect on you. Who'd have thought it, a Ferguson going soft"

"Thought I was a Lingard now?" I say standing up on my tip toes to wrap my arms around Jesse's neck "unless you've changed your mind" I say biting my lip.

"Never. You're a Lingard for life now"

"I like the sound of that" I say. Without thinking I move closer to Jesse "for the record I think you're pretty remarkable too" it comes out as barely a whisper but I know Jesse has heard me. Feeling his grip tighten on my waist I move as close as physically possible.

"Are we really doing this Rachel?"

"I think so" I know where this is leading and even though we've kissed before, I'm nervous. I could be wrong but I feel like every time we kiss it means that little bit more to both of us even if neither of us are willing to admit that.

Jesse's lips crash against mine as if he needs this to live and I don't resist. I kiss back just as hard holding on to Jesse to keep him from getting away. Fighting each other for dominance. This has been a long time coming and it shows.

"Wahoo! Look at the newlyweds!" I hear someone shout and wolf whistle as I pull away from Jesse, embarrassed that we've been caught.

"Yeah yeah you caught us kissing" Jesse says with a laugh rolling his eyes as he grabs us both a drink.

"Rachel!" I hear Lucia shout for me and I walk over to her in the living room.

"What's up? Have you got drinks? Do you need me to get you anything?" I ask hoping everything is okay.