17. Training Camp

A few days after the fight, the volleyball teams from Karasuno went through some changes. They weren't exactly bad, they had just become more serious towards the Spring Interhigh. The girls' club was now sharing their gym with some of the boys. They took turns to use the net, and in the meantime they made different type of drills. All the girls were practicing a synchronize attack with Sasaki tossing to them. Akari didn't want to be left behind, so she had her own plans.

The bell rang for a class break. Akari was talking with Kaori and Yamaguchi before leaving the classroom. Then, someone called her.

"Hanajima, a guy from class three is looking for you." A classmate told her. His name? She didn't remember.

She stood up from her seat. Arriving to the door, it slid open revealing Kageyama. She didn't have a chance to ask anything when he bowed at her. 

"I'm very sorry!" He exclaimed. 

Akari knew the whole class was watching the scene. She wanted to disappear.

"What the hell, Kageyama?!" She whispered at him.

He straightened back. "I'm sorry for the other day."

"What are you talk- Oh, that." She cut herself. "That was nothing, it's fine."

Kageyama had received a whole speech of 'Its not okay to beat up your friends' by Kaori. He had been so angry while fighting that he hadn't realized that the girls were there before Akari made it clear. He had felt fear and regret when he saw Kaori all teary. He was fully aware that she was very sensitive and cried about anything, but this time it was because of him, and he couldn't stand that fact. He had listened to everything she had to say, and followed her orders without a second thought. The orders being, apologizing to everyone who had seen the fight. He started with her, of course, then Tanaka, Kaede, Yachi, and finally, Akari. 

"But you got very angry." He gulped at the memory.

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did." Kageyama contradicted her. "I've never heard you shout. It-it scared me a little bit." He muttered the last part.

He was actually very scared. Akari's face expression and voice had sent chills over him. The two weren't close, regardless of having the same friends. Never really talked to each other or spent time together alone, it's not like they wanted that either. That was a great factor into why he was even more intimidated by her, he didn't know how she was truly like. He perceived her as serious and distant. He couldn't imagine her being all sweet and open, the idea was disturbed him a lot.

"Anyways, it's all right." She brushed it off. "Your girlfriend was the one who was worried. I had to stop her from going to separate you two."

"Huh? Who are you talking about?" He asked clueless.

Akari rolled her eyes. "I meant Kaori, dipshit."

"S-she's not my girlfriend!" He blushed instantly. "Ka-Kaori, she's not!"

"It makes me wanna gag seeing you blush and stutter." She didn't hold back. "I was just joking, but whatever. I have to go, so please move."

He got out of her way, still flushed by her comment.

Akari walked away. She was looking for Nishinoya's classroom, but wasn't sure which one it was. Simultaneously, she was hoping that the break didn't finish soon, it was a ten-minute break, she didn't have a lot of time. Peeking by every door she passed she almost hit a girl that was exiting her class.

"Hanajima?" 

"Ah! Sudo-san, hey." She greeted her senpai. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked her.