Chap 2 "Need To Know"

Steve POV

"Really?" I asked. "Maybe on your day off, you can help me and my team."

"I said police, not military," Liliah pointed.

"I'm in Reserves and I run a task-force called Five-O," I replied. "Let's get you home." I drove Lilah home and there were police cars out front. "Is that normal?"

"No," Lilah nodded. "Something's wrong." We got out of the car. "There are my parents." We walked up to them. "What's wrong? Where's Lei?"

"Mr. Winters, whatever it is, my team and I will personally handle this," I replied. "What happened?"

"Mom, Dad, where's Leilani?" Lilah asked.

"She was kidnapped," Dad stated.

"What?" Lilah asked.

"Someone snuck into her bedroom," Dad replied. "We had just put her to sleep and your mom was going to check on her."

"We need to alert the parents," I replied.

"Just did," Lilah sighed.

"That was fast," I stated. "Lilah, do you want to help my team on this case?"

"I'm not going to say no," Lilah looked at me.

"You should just let Steve and his team handle this," Dad stated.

"No, Dad. In four years, I never let anything happen to her," Lilah looked at her parents. "On the one day I decide to go on a date, she gets kidnapped."

"This is not your fault," I nodded. "I'm going to call my team and we'll get to work. The first twenty four hours are crucial." Lilah looked at me. "We'll get her back. Why don't you take care of your parents and I'll get the police out of here?"

"Yeah," Lilah sighed.

"And change, so you're not stuck working in a dress all night and day," I nodded. I cleared the police out and Lilah met me in the living room. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," Lilah sighed. We went to The Palace and I let Lilah sleep in my office. She walked out into the main room about eight in the morning. "Any progress?"

"We found the car, abandoned about seven block away," I sighed. "No prints were found but Leilani's. Uhm, Lilah, this is my partner, Detective Danny Williams. Danny, this is Lilah."

"How'd you guys meet?" Danny asked.

"Yesterday afternoon, and we went on a date last night," Lilah sighed.

"So, we don't have much information on this kid," Tani stated. "I honestly think we're going to call in the parents and tell them."

"Parent already knows," Lilah replied.

"Look, Lilah, I know this is your first case and all, but we have to bring the parents in," Tani stated. "That's how police work works. Everyone that knows the kid is involved."

"She's four years and five and a half months old," Lilah looked at Tani. "She's on a very specific schedule and I will have to try and put her back on after this event."

"You know about about your kids from the daycare," I replied. "Do you know anything about her parents?"

"Parent," Lilah corrected.

"Now that's a little specific," Danny looked at Lilah. "How do you know so much about this kid?"

"Because I am Leilani Winters' mom," Lilah replied.

"Wait, you're her biological mother?" I asked. Lilah nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why do you think I haven't dated anybody in three years?" Lilah asked. "No guy wants someone with a child."