[10]

Jason was finally allowed to go back on patrol as Robin when Richard acted as mediator between him and Bruce in order to resolve their differences. Alfred persuaded Bruce as well and after a stressful hour, Jay and Bruce had reached an agreement.

Jason hadn't told him all that he had told Richard earlier but the elder brother had conveyed it to Alfred so that he would choose the right time and talk to Bruce about it. Alfred was the only person who could make Bruce see sense because otherwise the man was too firmly rooted in his own decisions to accept anything else.

But Robin was not supposed to be alone at patrol either as Batgirl was assigned to cover the city with him. At first Jason had protested against it but then agreed to it.

After all, being supervised by Batgirl at patrol was still way better than being under the watchful eye of Batman.

Batgirl, or rather Barbara Gordon, was a family friend to them. She was Commissioner Gordon's daughter and had trained along with Richard, joining the Bat vigilantes as Batgirl. In Jason's early days at the Manor, he had warmed up towards her and Alfred first before softening towards Richard and Bruce.

So for him, having Batgirl to accompany him on patrol was not that bad of an option.

Night had tightened its hold over Gotham and the vigilantes were on their perch at Gotham tower, keeping a strict look out over the city. Batgirl had assigned a few areas to Robin to cover while she had taken the opposite side of the city but was constantly connected to him through their communicators.

"Now remember, Robin, be careful," she instructed before leaving the perch.

"Don't worry, it's not my first patrol."

"Your first patrol after being grounded so nearly the same thing."

"Hey!"

Barbara's light laugh reached him through the comm, "picture this, if you don't end up in any trouble tonight, I'll ask Nightwing to bring donuts on his way back."

Jason had left the perch as well, his grappling gun aiding him in leaping from building to building, "tempting."

"Tell me when you reach Robinson Square."

Robin took a round through Robinson Square as instructed by Batgirl and reported back to her, "all clear."

"Aparo Square next."

"On it. Where are you?"

"Just came through Crown Point. Two muggings, all taken care of."

Robin reached Aparo Square and kept a clear watch out for anyone lurking in the dark alleys spread around the square, "damn, and here I haven't caught anyone yet."

"Good for the citizens."

"Batgirl, you're being inconsiderate," he huffed but spotted something so he spoke up, "wait a bit, I'll get back to you in a sec."

"Be careful," her warning reached him but his eyes were focused on the slight movement ahead of him.

"As always."

He cautiously edged forward but a gust of wind struck him as if someone had tried to dash past. Using his quick reflexes, he spun around immediately, blocking the path of whoever had tried to run past him.

"Shit, you scared the hell out of me. Goddammit!"

It was Lydia, of course it was her although Jason was thinking he had run into some criminals deserving to get their asses beaten up. Instead it was his troublemaker best friend, as always up to something suspicious.