The White Chrysanthemum.

You hold your breath as a flurry of tailors take your measurements, having squeezed you into a ball gown which you had never would have seen yourself wearing. Stood on a small circular stage in the centre of a room, you stood with a suffocated bodice and arms held up in the air, as though you were a seagull preparing for take off. The room was illuminated with the morning sun, as the golden gleam spread over the gilded walls of floral wallpaper and flooring in the cylinder-shaped room.

"No, no, no. You need to get her a beige or pale yellow empire gown. Otherwise, she will attract too much attention," Leonide harshly states to the maidens circulating around you, tightening the clothing, flapping around with measuring tape or rolls of fabric. His dark hair was still as neatly styled as it was earlier today when he had changed into an impressive get-up, none like you had ever seen before.

Horatio shakes his head in disagreement, "Crown Prince, such colours will not compliment her beauty-"

Leonide interjects immediately: "Don't be ridiculous. She'll look fine in anything. Besides, don't forget that despite her being of royal blood, her rank does not remain the same anymore. Understood? My word is final."

"If this is my dress we're talking about, shouldn't I be the one choosing the colour and style?" You interrogate the snobbish man, his behaviour towards Horatio recently upsetting you, especially since the Royal Advisor was one of the only people that were on your side.

At the sound of your harsh tone, Horatio's face contorts in worry as he nudges away from Leonide, who sat on an ivory chair, legs and arms crossed, practically radiating his bratty attitude. Horatio could only fear the worst whenever the two of you were in the same room, especially since no matter how many times he had warned you to be careful, you never gave up on making Leonide's life more difficult. In fact, you jumped willingly at every chance.

"Well, I'm the one paying for it, and you're my property now. I own your kingdom since I overtook it, as well as everything taken from it. Including you. So you better watch that tongue of yours, little pet," Leonide hisses towards you, his hues narrowing venomously towards your figure. You return the gaze, fighting back with the same tactics and controlling yourself from childishly sticking out your tongue at him in spite.

"Don't tell me what to do, or else I'll make you sorry-"

"Stop! Do you two ever stop arguing?" Horatio interrupts, preventing the situation from escalating any further. "Maybe we should just discuss this later. You'll be late for your waltz practise, Your Royal Highness," Horatio formally speaks, his tone swiftly becoming more gentle, hoping that his outburst would not result in a penalty.

"I guess so. You'll just have to dance like that then since I'd rather get it over with now," Leonide says, signalling to the maids to pull away from you, now allowing him a clear look at your outfit. The bodice hugged your upper figure well, and the sleeves stopped above the elbow and were puffy. To finish it off, your dress fell perfectly to your ankles, the tulle layered upon each other to make the lower half opaque. "Just like a doll. I thought I told you not to overdo it though," Leonide states harshly.

A maid quivers at his tone, keeping her head bowed as she mutters a reply: "We tried our best, Your Highness. This Victorian style gown was meant to accomplish your wishes but I'm afraid it suits her quite well."

"Did I not suggest to just go with an empire silhouette?"

"I requested it to be Victorian-style, Your Highness," Horatio lies through his teeth, hoping to spare the anxious maid any more trauma as her legs were buckling in fear. "The Empire Silhouette is all the rage amongst the upper class ladies nowadays. The one that [Name] is wearing at the moment is out of fashion at the moment."