The Red Dahlia.

The waltz music flooded the sparkling ballroom, as its tall pillars and colossal window reflected the sunset's apricot sunlight onto your dress, which Leonide had changed into a deep and silky rouge. Whilst still lacking figure, the colour suited you better than the previous one, and Leonide had even bought you a string of pearls for his ceremony.

"Why are we bothering to dance this late into the evening?" You begin to complain, "I even had to get dressed up for this practice."

"It'll be over soon. After we finish dancing, you can go back to your private quarters and spend the rest of the night there. Of course, unless you prefer to spend time with me instead," Leonide teases.

"Yeah right. It was just a little bit of a hustle to get ready to dance just for an hour this late at night, but I guess it's only necessary to make sure I can actually dance in this ballgown," You truthfully say, looking up to Leonide, whose hair was neatly slicked back. His slender eyes were fixed solely on you.

You two continued to waltz to the sound of the piano, played by Horatio himself upon the stage that was regularly made for the symphony. Even though Leonide had called the two of you out here on a whim, Horatio remained neatly dressed up in his formal attire, which was a rouge suit with a black tie and golden detailing. Of course, his golden and brown hair was still messy as usual, and you were beginning to question if it was at all tameable.

"You look... not as terrible as usual," Leonide admits, a hint of rose spreading upon his cheekbones. One of his strong arms were wrapped around you as he practised the waltz with you once again.

"You should just say what's on your mind, coward," You urge him, a troublesome sigh leaving your lips.

"What's on my mind, hm? I don't know, do you think you can read me?" He dares you, a mischievous smirk sliding onto his lips as he continues to guide you throughout the ballroom. In truth, you were surprised that he had not scolded you for tripping up every few moments and stumbling onto his toes. Perhaps it wasn't all that painful. In fact, it seemed like he had grown more tolerant of you overall.

"How am I meant to do that? If I'm being honest, you're like an open book. I bet you like me, don't you? Even though you keep pretending that you feel otherwise," You point out nonchalantly in a regal tone, your dress gently swaying with each movement you took. His hands were firmly gripping onto you, and in fact, it had been incredibly easy to learn the waltz with his guidance.

"A sparkling observation, but even if I did like you, I mustn't let my guard down. I know that you hide a lot of hatred for me and I can never know what you decide to do with those burning emotions of yours. Despite that, I'm glad you're using those feelings to fuel yourself. You've progressed a lot since you arrived here, and you actually look healthy," Leonide insists, pulling you closer to him as he looks down at you, "Which for a start, is a great thing."

"Did I really not look healthy before?"

"Do you want the truth?" He questions.

You simply nod, "Yes, nothing but the truth."

"Very well then. When I first found you, I thought you would have broke if I had even done so much as squeeze your hand. Your limbs were wobbly, you had bags under your eyes, and cuts and bruises all over you. And yet here you are now, no injuries to your body and colour back in your skin. If anything... I actually have something I'd like to say to you," Leonide begins, his azure eyes glancing away for a brief moment, framed by his charcoal locks of black hair. He wore a combination of black, silver and midnight blue as usual, except this time his clothes weren't as ornate.